Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th & 6th November Bonfire Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Lovely little array of toys there, John.

Well, if I get The Predator and Vantage back, they'll be coming. The 'Pred 'cos peeps seem to like it, and The Vantage would be making its Bash debut......fingers crossed!

I always like to bring the Slavia 634 as, a little like Mick's "Rudolph" B2, it surprises some people....especially when it boings one or two over a chrono!

The synthetic, thumbhole '77 would have to come and, very possibly my .177 '95.

Maybe some others, including a raft of 35s which Nick said he was desperate to fondle!

Erm, maybe firewood was mentioned in respect to the '35s, come to think of it!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

39 sleeps to go my fine Boingering Peeps.

Edging ever closer.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Early dayz I know but being as I couldn't make the last two Spring Bash's, I'm giving some thought to what rifles to take down in November !

Certainly my HW 80 .25 Calibre CS500 (which I inadvertedly left behind in April, thanks Mick for sorting)

I'll also have some Simmons Scopes to sell and maybe a few other bits and pieces !
    Will be good to meet again at the Bonfire Bash if you can make it John

Try not to use Quigley Hollow Lost Property Office this time mate (if you do however, I'll pick it up as an excuse for a sneaky visit)

I'm sure there will be a Boinger Bash table sale thread coming our way soon that you could pop those Simmons scopes on
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    39 sleeps to go my fine Boingering Peeps.

Edging ever closer.
    In the thirties Nearlierish There
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well our Dorset break is now looking unlikely thanks to Mel being snowed under due to the volume of work coming in! So the bash will become more likely. Every cloud as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well our Dorset break is now looking unlikely thanks to Mel being snowed under due to the volume of work coming in! So the bash will become more likely. Every cloud as they say.
    Bitter sweet Jamie but wouldn't be the same without you both (4)

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Indeedy, Little Paul, indeedy!

Not long until the thread starts to go more ballistic as it gathers Boinging pace, too!

Mick - don't worry re the payment not being made yet; just waiting for pay day and Craigy & me'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    So the bash will become more likely. Every cloud as they say.
    Now we're talking!

Excellent news, Jamie, and I look forward to seeing the girlies and you.

Them doggies are well overdue a cuddle from Uncle Tone!

Cool @ Pauly Boy

Hey, Pistolero Paolo,

I've been meaning to ask you for ages......how are you getting on with your pistols?

And I bet your favourite is that big, bruising '45!

38 now, Pauly.

Even nearlier there!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey, Pistolero Paolo,

I've been meaning to ask you for ages......how are you getting on with your pistols?

And I bet your favourite is that big, bruising '45!
    Not had much time with them Tone, more of a little collection for my retirement. I love the look and feel of the HW45 and with the 2 stage/choice of fpe it gives flexibility on range. However, I'm told they do need a lot of practice to get the technique right and I'm seeing that at the moment. The CP88 is just a lovely little fun gun (for me) and a good looker too. The Hatsan is proving to be a very accurate pistol even in my inexperienced hands, very consistent and has the benefit of adjustable front and rear open sights. My confidence is high when I do take this to the range which as we know is a big part of our being accurate. It's a Bugger to cock though

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Will be good to meet again at the Bonfire Bash if you can make it John

Try not to use Quigley Hollow Lost Property Office this time mate (if you do however, I'll pick it up as an excuse for a sneaky visit)

I'm sure there will be a Boinger Bash table sale thread coming our way soon that you could pop those Simmons scopes on
    Cheers Paul
    See you there !
    “An airgun or two”………

Not had much time with them Tone, more of a little collection for my retirement. I love the look and feel of the HW45 and with the 2 stage/choice of fpe it gives flexibility on range. However, I'm told they do need a lot of practice to get the technique right and I'm seeing that at the moment. The CP88 is just a lovely little fun gun (for me) and a good looker too. The Hatsan is proving to be a very accurate pistol even in my inexperienced hands, very consistent and has the benefit of adjustable front and rear open sights. My confidence is high when I do take this to the range which as we know is a big part of our being accurate. It's a Bugger to cock though
    Yep, many of my guns have been bought with that same reasoning in mind, Pauly.

I have FAR too many and my collection has built up over the last 40 years. But I'd hate to get to retirement age in decent health (fingers crossed) and not have any toys, so thought it best to have plenty to play with once I have more spare time.

When you get the time, get some more practice in with the '45. They really are superb once you fully click with it and the relaxed hold comes naturally. Not had a play with mine in a while. And, if I remember correctly, I always seemed to shoot tighter groups on the higher power setting.

Glad you're enjoying the Walther and Hatsan, too.

As many of The Boingerfolk own pistols, maybe we ought to bring a load of 'em to this next Bash.

Us mere mortals can plink at the 10 to 20 yards stuff, whilst the likes of Nick, Craig and Ray would, no doubt, be making the bucket have it!!

Hey, come to think of it, has Ray been on / in touch with anyone recently?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Bonjour mes amis!

Thought I'd mention that as I'm dans la belle France, if anyone wants anything brought back for the bash please pm me. There's an almost passable red vin de table for £10 for a 5l box which after the second glass tastes great. Cleans paint brushes a treat too!

ps, I did hit the bucket with a pistol last bash! Took around 30 shots, but I did it!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Bonjour mes amis!

Thought I'd mention that as I'm dans la belle France, if anyone wants anything brought back for the bash please pm me. There's an almost passable red vin de table for £10 for a 5l box which after the second glass tastes great. Cleans paint brushes a treat too!
    Bring me any free stuff you have plus a flick comb and a monkey that exposes itself when you squeeze it. (I did ask last time, but you must not have seen my message)