Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th & 6th November Bonfire Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have you gone and bought a FWB recently then?
    No Tone.

I know Noel, he's a longtime friend of Brian and Malcom who gave us the pollytunnel frame, at the very first Bash on the present site Noel brought along his Feinwerkbau 601 and let me have a play with it.

Unfortunately I couldn't really justify buying a single stroke pneumatic giving out 6ftlbs as it would just end up as an expensive plinker in the back of the gun cabinet.
    But my search for something using the same sidelever pneumatic system at 12ftlbs ended up with me buying the Sportsman and the Mohawk.
    On these guns one pump stroke gives 8 ftlbs for plinking and two pumps gives you 12ftlbs for hunting, so these guns are a lot more flexible and useful to me.

Cheers Noel.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    How far is Solware from the Hollow ?
    Solware is about 12 miles from the Hollow & 12 from my home. All well connected by the A5.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Captain Bongo stayed here last night,. kindly had a look at the Sumara for me. No go though so a strip & repair job.

Solware this morning, didn't buy a Daystate Griffin circa £1500.

Then off to breathe the clean air at the Hollow plus coffee with Mick & Shirl and a bit of engineering, looking at Mick's boat legs, all very splendid.

Never mind the sleeps peeps, we wuz there today!

ATB
    Bongo & Gwyn

It's always a pleasure to have friends drop in Gwyn.

I have just been painting the hydraulic rams for the jack legs this morning, and low and behold when I'd finished I had enough paint left in the spraygun to paint all the silhouette targets.

That was lucky, wasn't it ?

All the best Mick

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Oh no!!

John's going to be going on a spendfest!!!!
    That and the "Bring and Buy" table Tony....what temptation !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It's always a pleasure to have friends drop in Gwyn.

I have just been painting the hydraulic rams for the jack legs this morning, and low and behold when I'd finished I had enough paint left in the spraygun to paint all the silhouette targets.

That was lucky, wasn't it ?

All the best Mick
    Lovely when things drop into place Mick......Er bill the boatyard?
    ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Hi Mick
    I would love to come to the 5th and 6th November boinger bash please, I missed the last two due to holiday commitment,s.
    I will get my missus to do the payment for me for the two days.
    ATB
    Les allam.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No Tone.

I know Noel, he's a longtime friend of Brian and Malcom who gave us the pollytunnel frame, at the very first Bash on the present site Noel brought along his Feinwerkbau 601 and let me have a play with it.

Unfortunately I couldn't really justify buying a single stroke pneumatic giving out 6ftlbs as it would just end up as an expensive plinker in the back of the gun cabinet.
    But my search for something using the same sidelever pneumatic system at 12ftlbs ended up with me buying the Sportsman and the Mohawk.
    On these guns one pump stroke gives 8 ftlbs for plinking and two pumps gives you 12ftlbs for hunting, so these guns are a lot more flexible and useful to me.

All the best Mick
    Yep, these 2 pump pumpers make perfect sense, Mick, and would be very useful for me, too, with my small garden. One pump for down the garden / hallway and a further pump for longer range duties...lovely.

And, it must be said, the trigger on the Daystate was most impressive when you let me have a go on it.

Must admit, back in '08 / '09 I got a little more involved with some pumpers but in cheaper fashion. I'd previously, donkeys' years ago, had a 766, an Ace and a couple of Innovas. I was given a Crosman Model 1 back in 1998. So, back in '08 I got a little carried away and acquired a used 766. Then a 1377. Then a further two 1377s. And I rang Crosman in the 'States to see if they'd be happy to supply some 2100s, and they said yes. So I ordered some of them (minimum order quantity of 3 - £67 each). The idea behind them was similar to the pumpers of yours, a few easy pumps for close-in, with the flexibility of more power for longer range.

I always thought that the 1377 was a much nicer platform than the rifles, with a far better trigger and more tuning goodies. And you haven't got that daft die-cast receiver! Oh, nearly forgot, I also got a 760 at the same time as the 2100s.

But then, in early 2010, I got my first HW30S. One smooth, easy stroke and wonderful firing cycle and just the ticket for close range.

So, when I got to the Summer, a plan was hatched for some more Weihrauch acquisitions....reduce the numbers but up the quality. So, keeping one of the 1377s, I chopped two of those in against a HW45. And the Model 1, 766, 760 and the three 2100s in against a HW98.

Occasionally, the little 1377 (steel breech, shoulder stock and 4x32 scope) gets a sesh down the hallway, but not really THAT often, as one of the 30s or the 24D is normally preferred.

Well, they've got bigger springs in 'em, in'it??????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    That and the "Bring and Buy" table Tony....what temptation !
    Yep, you're doomed, you is, John!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Mick
    I would love to come to the 5th and 6th November boinger bash please, I missed the last two due to holiday commitment,s.
    ATB
    Les allam.
    Nice one, Les; be great to see you again!

Nice one, Les; be great to see you again!
    Thanks Tony
    It will be good to meet up with you and all the boinger folk once again, I was a bit disappointed in missing the last two events but I am looking forward to the next one.
    Les.

It's never a nice feeling to have to miss one of these very special get-togethers, Les.

However, if there was ever a positive to come out of it, it makes you look forward to the next one with even more Boing.

47 sleeps, peeps.

BOING!!

@ Little Paul

Hey PaulyBoy, how did the rabbiting trip oop North go?

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hey PaulyBoy, how did the rabbiting trip oop North go?
    Hi Tone, got back 4 hours ago, had two lovely days and nights out with 'Our Chris'. Full day out hunting on Saturday, lamping Saturday night, out again Sunday evening and lamping again last night. However, I think the bunnies were on holiday somewhere as there were very few to be seen. We saw more hares than anything else. Chris had a 5 minute spree over the brow of a hill and bagged 3 bunnies on Saturday along with a wood pigeon earlier in the day. I shot a rock when we were lamping as Chris was convinced it was a Rabbit, we realised it wasn't when we heard the twang of the pellet I hit it nicely though

As I've said before, empty game bag or full, a few days out in the countryside with the finest people is terrific ! Mind you, we sat up drinking until 3am this morning regaling ourselves with tales of 'the ones we could have had' and plenty of Airgun chat

On top of that of course I got to pop my head into The Hollow and have a catch up with Uncle Mick

So how was my weekend ?.... PERFECT
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Absolutely lovely, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Mick
    ATB
    Les allam.
    Looking forward to seeing you again Les,

You'll have to try to get here during the summer months sometime.

All the best Mick