Thread: Mk1 airsporter top trigger sear needed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Thanks Dan.

In the meantime, I managed to find my old sales thread for a Mk1 action which includes close ups of the trigger assembly, cocked and uncocked.

See here.

It shows a mod I made to improve the trigger function (I added the little horizontal spring and guide on the left), but I think it also shows the missing 4mm to which you refer, I believe. The upper sear on this gun is a "T" shape, whereas on later guns it is an "L" shape. Interestingly enough, Chambers don't show this "T" shaped sear on their drawings.

P.S. Just checked on Knibbs' site and they do show the "T" shaped sear on the Mk1!!! See here.

It looks like Chambers have got this wrong.

Thanks for this! Indeed this is exactly the problem I am trying to explain! Chambers have deffinately got it wrong and I must call them to see wha the can do about it. My original sear that I'm talking about is the same t shape style as you say in your action that you sold.

Anyhow I did manage to fix this problem by making a longer trigger sear to reach the new top sear which was clearly wrong and 4 mm short if not a little more.
    The trigger sear I have just made is the small one that sits on the trigger to give the two stage feel along with contacting the top sear that lock onto the piston rod.

I'm very pleased as its has worked out great. I have taken photos but anoyingly my new phone doesn't have photoshop installed so I shall ask a friend to upliad them hopefully shortly?

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014

Thanks Harry.

The top left sear is the replacement chambers sent me ( not correct )

Top right is the original sear

Bottom right is the trigger lower sear that contacts the top sear and connects to the trigger and acts as a two stage feel. This was obviously not reaching the new sear from chambers so I desided to make a longer one from stainless ( bottom left ) which has worked a treat!

All the best
    Daniel