Thread: Value please for this BSA Airsporter, also HW45

Value please for this BSA Airsporter, also HW45

Hi Chaps,

I am moving home (for the last time I hope!) and decided after pulling some guns from under the bed, tops of wardrobes etc (you have all done it I am sure) that I will sell a few rather than move them just to store them again. Would it be possible to get a realistic price please? Also I don't want to bother posting with the move so any future sale would be f2f....thanks in advance.

First is an old BSA Airsporter, complete but showing its age obviously, it does shoot. Fired once in the past 12 months...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...psdt1uy1qp.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...psz17wevkx.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...psfo4t5jdr.jpg

Also for sale at £100 a HW45....shoots but is aged

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...psfdpzvwdl.jpg

Thanks Chaps, I may put some HW rifles on if there is enough interest...an old 80 that is graunchy, an excellent 35e in .177 and a lovely 77k but these again would have to be f2f.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Serial no would confirm but it looks like a mk1 airsporter, maybe around £100 -£125 ? depends how easy it will clean up.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Cheers John, I am restricting the possibility of selling it by not posting but I dont have the time or energy to deal with my local nazi....sorry post office

Providing the stock is not cracked, I'd agree with John on the Airsporter.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Deffo a Mk1 - looks like a reblue needed (cost) the stock looks okay though, and sight is present I would guess around £150 - 200? Airsporter1st is probably your man for valuations though!
    I love the Mk 1s!
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Thanks Chaps, I will put her up on here later.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Deffo a Mk1 - looks like a reblue needed (cost) the stock looks okay though, and sight is present I would guess around £150 - 200? Airsporter1st is probably your man for valuations though!
    I love the Mk 1s!
    ASM
    Not really - I just watch the sales, mostly on here. There are lots of folk with far more idea, e.g. Garvin, Lakey and Jon Budd, to name but a few.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Not really - I just watch the sales, mostly on here. There are lots of folk with far more idea, e.g. Garvin, Lakey and Jon Budd, to name but a few.
    I always struggle a bit with 'valuations', it depends upon so many factors! (Private sales/dealer sales etc)
    I tend to look at something and say how much (if I was interested in purchasing it) I would be happy to pay for it myself.
    The valuations you see for rifles for sale vary greatly - in some cases, people don't know what they have or it's true value.
    I just missed out a few years ago - a 'freeads' seller was selling an old 'airsporter' for not very much money - pictures showed a tidy Centenary worth considerably more - so someone got a 'bargain'!
    The price a dealer will give you for a rifle, obviously will be far less than he will sell it for - the same rifle! (so what's it's true 'value'?)
    Something is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.
    I may be prepared to pay more for a rarer rifle than most would - 'it's horses for courses'
    Looking again at the o.p.s pictures, I would value it at £150 or thereabouts based on a reblue being needed - the stock is okay and these alone can sell for £80, the rear sight is there and these too can sell for £50+ alone!
    (just to be clear - I am not in the market to purchase another Mk1 - I have enough I am happy with! )

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Just to add for the seller, a ftf sale will limit the appeal to a lot of buyers, some of which will not travel the distance to make a purchase, that may impact on what the rifle sells for!

(Not saying ftf is not the best way to sell - just possibly not the best way to get the best price? However, to be honest about it, unless a rifle was very cheap, I personally wouldn't buy it sight unseen unless it was 'rare'.)

ASM

I agree about the f2f sale affecting the price but its simply not worth an extra 20 or 30 pounds dealing with the post office. Also packing the rifle, chance of damage etc face to face is much better for me at the moment (moving house as well).
    The knowledge on here is always the best to be found anywhere, thanks Chaps

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I agree about the f2f sale affecting the price but its simply not worth an extra 20 or 30 pounds dealing with the post office. Also packing the rifle, chance of damage etc face to face is much better for me at the moment (moving house as well).
    The knowledge on here is always the best to be found anywhere, thanks Chaps
    Understood and good luck with your sales (and move) mate!

ASM

Thanks Airsporter....rediscovering rifles and projects everywhere! Far too many

Not sure Why would you lay the guns on concrete to take photos? The original model 5 looks interesting

Lay them down carefully and theres no problem....drop them like a buffoon and you have a problem.