Thread: 2 x Tell 2 Refurb

2 x Tell 2 Refurb

Just doing up a couple of Tell 2 pistols. A handy tip for anyone who has one, I found that the rubber insert in a brass tap washer is the exact size as the leather washer that seals the chamber. Not the piston seal but the one under the back sight that ensures the air pressure goes down the barrel. It is also the right thickness and even has a sticky side to hold it in place. Have almost finished one pistol, just got to make a nut for the grip and touch up the blueing. The other one has a lug missing off the barrel lock as can be seen on pic so I will have to make a new one. Does anyone know where you can get springs for these, 35 coils at about 1.75 mm wire and 12.5 diameter ? I have seen these advertised at high prices, but what do you actually get for them as these will be for sale ?

Thanks, Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Baz I have two Tell 2s and one has a very poor condition seal. Can you explain a bit more which washer you mean as when I search tap washers I only get the flat ones with a hole in the middle.
    Advice much appreciated.
    Steve

Its the washer shown on the second photograph with the brass holder. You just prize out the rubber disc and its a perfect fit into the back of the Tell. Picture shows the old leather washer I took out of the pistol.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD