Thread: Walther lg90, lgm, lg210

Walther lg90, lgm, lg210

I've been reading more about walther ssp 10m rifles and only just discovered these.
    They seem very much like something I'd like to own. Maybe as an upgrade to my lgr. I love the lgr but these later guns look like they may suit me more.

However, the market isn't exactly flooded with them!
    In fact, used 10m air rifles seem pretty hard to track down in general unless they are of current models.

Am I just looking in the wrong place, or are they rare?
    What sort of prices should I expect?

Currently trying to work out if it's something I want to peruse or if I should forget them and stop daydreaming.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

Not Walther, but I picked up an almost mint Anschutz 2002 SSP off here or AGF about 18 months ago for around £500. The gun itself is mint which is testament to Anschutz. There's just a little bit of marking on the pistol grip but other than that tip top and amazingly accurate and a fantastic trigger.

I wanted a 10m rifle for ages, just for 3P at home really as I'm more of a pistol shooter and FT is my other discipline. This was a cheap way of getting a quality rifle for a fraction of the price. I can't say I'm an expert on old 10m rifles; I just took a punt. I own Steyrs (rifle and pistol) plus Walthers so I thought Anschutz was a safe bet. I wasn't wrong.
    Last edited by bootneckbob; 13-02-2022 at 11:07 AM.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Graemevw,

I have a Walther LG90 and a Feinwerkbau 602.

For me, they are superb rifles - stunningly accurate with excellent triggers - a joy to shoot

Spares wise, the Feinwerkbau's are more readily available.

Unfortunately, it seems these SSP rifles tend to go for a premium - ca. £400 - £500+ from those I have seen over the last few years.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

The anschutz 2002 and fwb 600 series are on my radar too but leaning more towards the walthers as my lgr has proved itself to me. I just like the walthers.

I had been considering making some changes to the lgr then figured I might be better off just going with one of the slightly newer ssp's.

Prices are within my range so that's good.

Just need to find one!

From what I've been reading I seem to be in the minority in that I like the stickers on the lg90 and lgm1! That lg210 stock is lovely too though.

Thanks, I'll continue hunting.
    I did find some on Egun but it confuses me a bit. I'd rather find something in England than take a punt on something posted from Europe.

The Walthers are some of my favourite SSP’s
    They are out there, bit of a closed shop but once you get your foot in the door then you tend to hear about more between the buyers & sellers.
    The LGM are my favourite with the probe loading set up…the LGM2 junior was especially suited to me, although in the bland beech stock it was a lovely piece to shoot, but the LGM2 laminate took some beating for looks.
    I currently have a decent template for the LG90 decals and did them in the German flag colours on my last LG90…

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cartmell View Post
    The Walthers are some of my favourite SSP’s
    They are out there, bit of a closed shop but once you get your foot in the door then you tend to hear about more between the buyers & sellers.
    The LGM are my favourite with the probe loading set up…the LGM2 junior was especially suited to me, although in the bland beech stock it was a lovely piece to shoot, but the LGM2 laminate took some beating for looks.
    I currently have a decent template for the LG90 decals and did them in the German flag colours on my last LG90…
    I think I'm in the minority of not liking the lgm2 stock. I wouldn't turn one down though, but hoping I find one of the other 3 first. The lg210 looks fantastic.
    That's great about the stripes. They often seem damaged or missing. If i find a gun and it needs new stripes, ill ask you for some advice.

Lg90 had flip up loading like a lgr right?

I'd be happy with any of them. I love my lgr but feel I need to move up the walther ssp ladder.

LG90 was the flip up loading port mate, as for the stripes it was a few hours of playing around on the PC, I’d be more than happy to post any colour scheme out that you fancy if you drop on the 90/LGM1
    The chap who bought it had some Dutch stripes made up by me..👍

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cartmell View Post
    LG90 was the flip up loading port mate, as for the stripes it was a few hours of playing around on the PC, I’d be more than happy to post any colour scheme out that you fancy if you drop on the 90/LGM1
    The chap who bought it had some Dutch stripes made up by me..👍
    Thanks appreciated!
    If I end up with one I'll have to have a think about colours!

Had a go with an lgm2 the other day brilliantly now looking for one for bench rest shooting