Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to get the best out of your rifle ? and find that perfect pellet it's easy..

I have a problem with the cnc thing, they are no more accurate than an old style machine tool, just more flexible when it comes to swapping from job to job,
    And a cheap machine operated by a good tradesman will beat one every time on accuracy , its the man operating the machine who has the skill , not the machine , ok its easier on a good machine, but that's about it .
    I know a little of how accurate these things are as I have reconditioned both types

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I have a problem with the cnc thing, they are no more accurate than an old style machine tool, just more flexible when it comes to swapping from job to job,
    And a cheap machine operated by a good tradesman will beat one every time on accuracy , its the man operating the machine who has the skill , not the machine , ok its easier on a good machine, but that's about it .
    I know a little of how accurate these things are as I have reconditioned both types
    This area is a mine field, not to dissimilar to PCP v Spring Piston. Having said that I wouldn't say no to a decent Hardinge or Monarch even though a second mortgage maybe required.

A.G

I'm always amazed at the length airgun shooters go to find the perfect pellet/hit a target. From bits of wool on the end of the gun to having a hamster and other assorted objects.

Fantastically anoraky project though. I have to applaud it.

I'm a springer shooter so put the gun in a vice won't work for me!