Thread: Webley Junior

Webley Junior

Morning All
    Posted about this pistol the other day as had just bought it and wanted to find out more info.
    The previous owner had used a bit of wire as a trigger pin so I thought it would be nice to at least replace the wire with a proper part. Removed the wire and put the pin in with no issues. Unfortunately the piston/spring will not lock in place any more when you try to cock the gun. Whatever is locking the spring when it is compressed is trying to do its job but feels like it is not engaging well enough to hold in place. The only time I got the spring to stay compressed it fired the gun as soon as I tried to lock the barrel in place.
    Would like to try and fix this myself but am not sure what I need to do, any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    George

Photo's can be seen at the following:
    http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/ge...?sort=3&page=1

You may be better putting a link to this thread in the Collectable Airguns section, lots of Webley experts visit those pages regularly.

Sounds like the sear is not engaging, maybe the faces or axis hole are worn? Someone should be able to advise further, then check out Chambers and Knibbs for parts.

Good luck.

Thanks Fella
    Will try collectible section as well

webley junior