Thread: permission to shoot

permission to shoot

ust spoken to the local vicar in charge of some local land opposite my house,he has given me verbal permission to shoot there..asked him to give permission in writing ..PENDING..just read an article on pidgeon watch which states written permission is not needed.verbal only reqd is this correct on not.would i be risking the deep mire without letter of permission....thanks for any advise
    whale oil beef hooked

I think you already know the answer to your question
    Donald

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Always better to have written permission in case selective amnesia strikes the granter if something were to go wrong.

Is the Vicar the land owner or is it church property ?

Written permission is always best, but verbal is still permission, provided the person in question actually has the authority to give it.
    Quite often land owned (or previously owned) by the church is subject to a Legal Covenant in the title deeds which can prohibit/restrict certain activities.

Even having said all that, if the Vicar said it's OK I'd be happy to take it at face value & shoot on the land, having informed anyone overlooking that you had his permission.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    It's always easier to show a Policeman a permission slip that proves you're allowed to be where you are, whilst doing what you're doing than ringing a Vicar in the middle of the night to confirm it. A permission slip covers both of you.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

i definitely wouldn't shoot it without written permission,too much to go wrong.

Mmmm...When I asked my farmer politely to sign a permission slip, he ripped it up with his fat grubby fingers and told me to join the Foreign Office and said; "Just get rid of those f...... rabbits...", or words to that effect. Normally he's quite placid......

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Mmmm...When I asked my farmer politely to sign a permission slip, he ripped it up with his fat grubby fingers and told me to join the Foreign Office and said; "Just get rid of those f...... rabbits...", or words to that effect. Normally he's quite placid......
    Not so much with airguns, more so with FAC. I have found that if you say its for the police in case you get stopped the landowner says no as he does not want the police on his land

I have signed slips for all of my permissions. I've never had to show them but, I like to think that it would help cover me if the police were ever called.

Mine have a section that allow the land owner to specify any restrictions. It makes things clear for both of us.

All of the above.