Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder price rises

Powder price rises

Just seen my usual mail-order dealer has broadly upped the USA powder prices by around £8 a tub.

Not 50p, not a quid, but £8 quid..

Holy smoke. May need to take up the catapult at this rate.

Of course, shop around for stock at the 'old' prices, but still a bit stunned at the way prices are goin.

The good news is that generally the European powders are equally available, compatible with US powders and are cleaner burning.

thats because since the referendum the pound is now worth less than a broken hob-nob

anything coming in costs more

My local place is about to ramp up ammo prices as well. Blame firmly on the pounds worth against the dollar and the euro....

Still worth the "price" though!

The prices go up anyway even without Brexit.

Where I get my powders he hiked them up £6 per tub LONG BEFORE BREXIT.

We have zero inflation but no one has told the shopkeepers they still hike everything up.

We don't need legislation to bring shooting to an end, the dealers will do it for them.

Not seen a price rise yet on the ramshot powders.

Bullets will be the same no doubt, time to stock up methinks! At least my hornet only uses 13gr of powder
    Thanks for looking

Powder prices

This is one of the reasons I now only use Vhit. powders.

markreid is offline Happy to be fishing and shooting
    Noticed myself that the prices of reloading components & powders seem to being going up at alarming rate, personally I think it's down to exchange rate and also transport costs especially with powders, I have a bit stored up so will be using that for a while, but in the long term means less shooting, which means less spent at the local gunsmith and suppliers
    There is no such thing as a dangerous gun, there are dangeruous people though

Whinemeal, I'm still trying to figure out why Vihtavuori propellants, license-produced in Eastern USA, can get shipped by HAZMAT transport over to the Pacific coast almost 3000 miles away and STILL cost only just over half as much as they do in UK...

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Whinemeal, I'm still trying to figure out why Vihtavuori propellants, license-produced in Eastern USA, can get shipped by HAZMAT transport over to the Pacific coast almost 3000 miles away and STILL cost only just over half as much as they do in UK...

tac
    When I was a youth I worked weekends at a well known fast food restaurant located on a motorway service area, when people asked how on earth could we charge such extortionate amounts for tea and coffee the stock answer was "because that is how much people are willing to pay" that probably answers your query too Tac . . .
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post

tac
    Because road & rail transport across one country cost a whole lot less than air or sea transport to a different country

And then there's bulk discount, There are individual gun shops in the US that sell more of a firearm related product in a year, than the UK importer for the same product want's to ship half way around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    And then there's bulk discount, There are individual gun shops in the US that sell more of a firearm related product in a year, than the UK importer for the same product want's to ship half way around the world.
    Pretty much this.

Time for another BBS Bulk buy...... where's Adamant when you need him???
    Thanks for looking

Powder prices

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Time for another BBS Bulk buy...... where's Adamant when you need him???
    Has anyone tried going over to Europe and buying powders direct ??