Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder price rises

Vectan gm3

Made in Europe as far as I know....£29 to £38 a half kilo in the uk....selling for $17 in the USA......we are getting well screwed by somebody....

amc577

Quote Originally Posted by amc577 View Post
    Made in Europe as far as I know....£29 to £38 a half kilo in the uk....selling for $17 in the USA......we are getting well screwed by somebody....

amc577
    Yeah it was cheap about £20 a pound till the importer insisted it could only be supplied in pound tins and not in bulk to be dispensed by the RFD.

Its not the best solution, but if your target shooting pistol calibers then its possible to get a lot of reloads out of a single tub of powder if your careful about what you pick to stretch your reloading £££. If your banging away with a .357 lever action like many club shooters then you could be getting anything from 460 to 2300 shots rounds per pound of powder.

Powder Prices

Yes I used to get GM 2 and 3 at good rates till just lately it does seem to have gone out of control ? I did here about some guys selling powder at this Pheonix Meeting but did find them? But have thought of trying to get hold of some the next trip to France which is were GM3 comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootingsurfer View Post
    Has anyone tried going over to Europe and buying powders direct ??
    Been there, done that! Not worth the effort and the costs involved!

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Always the same, some good soem bad, lets just hope the bad ones lose trade to the good ones.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

talking to the guy in the gun shop on saturday and my chosen powder vhit n133 has gone up £5 per kilo allready and is expected to go up by about 15%.it is being blamed on brexit

Quote Originally Posted by ZaksGod View Post
    talking to the guy in the gun shop on saturday and my chosen powder vhit n133 has gone up £5 per kilo allready and is expected to go up by about 15%.it is being blamed on brexit
    Yes, have just posted a thread on this, but I bet the increased price has been applied to old stock as well.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Yes, have just posted a thread on this, but I bet the increased price has been applied to old stock as well.
    I'll also bet a £ to a pinch of shnuff that once the pound recovers (and it will, these things always go in cycles), the price will stay at the increased level.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I'll also bet a £ to a pinch of shnuff that once the pound recovers (and it will, these things always go in cycles), the price will stay at the increased level.
    Course it will!! We've seen that many times before!!