Thread: Rapid Air Weapons - HM1000 USA

Rapid Air Weapons - HM1000 USA

Has anyone got a take on shooting one of these? I know the history from one of the theoben gunsmith guys moving to the states to help design them, and although they look a bit heavy, i was just wondering if they are any BETTER? than our own main players/rifles in the uk? i.e pcp's - BSA R10, Air Arms (most), HW100, Daystate etc?
    Last edited by echo1974; 22-09-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Here is the link to the UK site:

http://www.tawnadoairguns.com/rapid_...air_rifles.php

I have looked at them a couple of times, and TBH I've not heard anything bad about them, but try before you buy. I went over and had a feel of the stocks, and the HM version was way to small for me, but the TM was fine. I didn't spring the cash in the end as I didn't think they justified it - but each to their own, they are no more expensive than other top guns like AA/Daystate/FX.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

One of the guys who shoots with me and is now heavily into HFT bought a second hand one from somewhere down south a few weeks ago. He has not put it down since and is doing pretty well now that he has the 1000. He swears by it.

A.G

Hi there

I've got a full left handed hm1000 in .20

I've had 14 Rapids in my time, for me, the 1000 is the ultimate rapid

Looking at getting another 1000 but in 177

Super smooth action when cocking, very accurate.

Well worth the money

Cheers

Dave

hi, I have got 4 RAW guns all absolutely spot on, well made and I would describe them as almost a custom gun the way they fit together, the chap that owns the company is a bloke by the name of martin rutterford who was an ex director of theoben but then moved over to the states before theoben went pop and started making the Raw. I have had quite a few dealings with RAW buying parts for theobens in my time and they have always been spot on. I look at the RAW range as the next evolution of the rapid, to the point I have been selling off my rapid collection and replacing them with Raws over the last 6 months or so.

only problem I have found is dealing with Tawn who can be a obnoxious arse at times.

would suggest joining the rapid7ownersclub forum as there is a bit of info on there including a strip down I did on one of mine.

I have a thumbhole TM1000 .20, with 400 C bottle and carbon fibre shroud/silencer....

....and it rocks. Super accurate with JSB's - ragged hole with a few stragglers into 1/2 inch at 50 yards. The stragglers are driver issues
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.