Thread: Surprises-new Webley Premier MK2, Gold HW 77K

Surprises-new Webley Premier MK2, Gold HW 77K

Every week something arrives a bit different, got a surprise with this unused Boxed Webley from a collector. Still has tag on the trigger guard and a new spare spring with seal on. Also a gold HW 77 K came in, not sure if the factory produced it this way. Any ideas of Webley value ? I know its a pity its not a MK 1.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi Baz,

As you rightly say, not as sought after as the first series Premiers, but the condition and box should help with the estimated value. I would have thought something in the region of £120 - £150 would be realistic for a private sale.

Regards

Brian

I remember seeing a gold plated 77 in a mag years ago think it was a one off to celebrate something to do with HW but not sure . That one looks like its been anodised from the pics to me
    A few nice rifles

In that condition with the box I'd go a bit higher.
    £150- £180.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l would agree with the £150 mark as Brian says they are not so collecable or as nice as the Mk1s. but nice to have the extra spring with it.

Thanks guys for the input, gives me a good idea of selling price. I don't think the HW 77 K is anodised as it is steel and not aluminium. I think anodising will destroy steel as it is an oxidising process ?

Baz

I remember the Gold HW77s being the occasional competition prize in Airgunner,

As a kid i took part religiously each month in an effort to win a setup that was beyond my meagre pocket money, and of course I never won a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Every week something arrives a bit different, got a surprise with this unused Boxed Webley from a collector. Still has tag on the trigger guard and a new spare spring with seal on. Also a gold HW 77 K came in, not sure if the factory produced it this way. Any ideas of Webley value ? I know its a pity its not a MK 1.

Baz

Baz if you want more info on the HW77, do a search on here - the subject has definitely come up over the years.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Danny, found one from 2008 saying that they were available on special order for £450 at the time, and as frogboy says were awarded as a prize. Apparently very few in the UK.

Baz

Golden HWs

Special order / custom shop guns from around 1983/4.

Serial of around the 1,000,000 mark is correct for these.

As is the small loading cut-out of the MK1 77K action (1984-5).

I dunno how much of the rest of your gun is original.

Going by the 1983 gold HW35E I had (serial 961678), it had gold plated iron sights, trigger guard, stock screws...

Pics here, if it helps at all: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...ry/hw35%20gold

Phil

Blimey, £450 would have bought some very nice collectables at that time.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Not as shiny though!