Thread: Sumatra firing problems. Help please.

Sumatra firing problems. Help please.

Hi guys. I have a problem with my sumatra. I pulled it out of the cabinate for a wipe down and check firing as i do with my guns every 4weeks. Last time i fired it 4weeks ago it was firing with no problems. Today however i loaded the mag and loaded in to gun and tried to fire it and nothing. You can hear the clunk of the hammer but no air came out. So i had to remove the pellet out of barrel and tried several times to dry fire it and the same happend just the clunk of the hammer cycling. The gun is charged to 200bar with air. Anybody had this problem and is it a expensive fix. Your advice is appreciated. Regards. Chris

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    This is the second such thread in as many weeks! (the other was Slinger69)

We didn't get to the bottom of that, even Captain Bongo with his hammers couldn't fix it! Gwyn in bringing his the the Bonfire bash for me to check it over, but if you have any joy in the meantime please let us know.

The usual things are variable power wheel and pressure lock.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Ok m8 thanks fir the reply. If he gets to the bottom of his problem please let me know. Thanks you fir the reply again. Regards. Chris.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    personally I'd look to take the value out of the equation by removing the hammer / spring guide and giving the valve stem a sharp tap with a big punch / steel bar and a hammer. If it goes bang the valve is fine, and you can concerntrate on power wheel, hammer or trigger mechs
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Is there anybody in south wales who works on sumatras dealer wise? Rather not mess around with pcp filled with 200bar of air.

Talked to one of the airgunsmiths at AC guns who are the main dealers for these. He told me to reduce the pressure in the gun to around 190 bar then see if the problem then still exists. He thinks it might be pressure locked. He does not think its the valve or hammer as they are designed to take much more power than my 12ftlb model.