Thread: Marc Camoccio's customised HFT500.

Marc Camoccio's customised HFT500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMhP...AYER_gunmarttv

I knew the old MPR FT action would fit into a s400 series stock but I didn't realise it's new replacement would.

Looking at the different trigger guard the HFT500 has would the S400 stock need modifying in any way, or would it be a straight swop?

Is it possible for a private customer or RFD to buy an action from Air Arms without the stock?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Re buying just an action. Why not ask them? My money would be on them saying 'Sorry' but you never know ....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Re buying just an action. Why not ask them? My money would be on them saying 'Sorry' but you never know ....
    Cheers, Phil
    I tried this not so long ago ( for an S400 ) through Cheshire Gun Room and the answer from AA was resounding no. You might have better luck.
    Just for info, how much a S400 in walnut stock should fetch on the 2nd hand market please? The gun and the stock are in very decent condition.

A.G

I've seen walnut stocks go for £70 up to £170.

But I've also seen beech ones go for over £100.
    BSA Meteor .22 - the mans calibre

My s400 with walnut stock cost just over 500 quid from BAR.

It has the best bit of walnut I have ever had on a stock - dark stained and with lots of nice figuring. I will not be parting with it, or the action for that matter, now that I've put a nice Rowna black barrel bolt handle on it. It's also very accurate and gives a good shot count.

The old rule of thumb used to be a dealer would give you two thirds of the new price for a minter. Not many retailers are prepared to do this any more, though BAR always used to do when I pxed a gun.

So two thirds of 500 is 333 quid. Now the retailer would add something to make a profit. He might sell it for say 420 or even 460. Some prices can be very cheeky.

So selling privately I would put the gun at something between 360 and 400.

Thanks for the replies, but nobody has answered my question about whether the s400 and HFT500 stocks are straight swap either way.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 26-09-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    Arthur

"Thanks for the replies, but nobody has answered my question about whether the s400 and HFT500 stocks are straight swap either way. "

Yes they are a straight swap.
    The only tiny downside with a HFT500 action using a S400 trigger guard is you cant slide the trigger back as far compared to the HFT500 trigger guard as thats open at the back.

Thanks Gecko.

But the one Mark has has retained the HFT trigger guard, even though it is in an S400 stock.

I just wondered if that required removing some wood.
    Arthur

No it doesnt as they both use the same trigger block that fits in the stocks trigger slot.

Thanks for the information.

I like the idea of the HFT500, but I don't like the stock.

Not seduced by laminate, and I think it could have had a better shape.

If they had put it in a nice walnut stock with a more vertical pistol grip and shaved a hundred quid off the price, I would have had one.

Even with the side lever loading cocking.

I'm an old fashioned bugger and I prefer bolt action.
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Thanks for the information.

I like the idea of the HFT500, but I don't like the stock.

Not seduced by laminate, and I think it could have had a better shape.

If they had put it in a nice walnut stock with a more vertical pistol grip and shaved a hundred quid off the price, I would have had one.

Even with the side lever loading cocking.

I'm an old fashioned bugger and I prefer bolt action.
    I agree with you 100%. I think that half way down the design route they thought that if they did it right then no one would pay for their FTP rifle, so this one to me is an unfinished article. It would be very attractive at the same price of the Ultimate but not at £900.00+ for an unregulated rifle. It still is a fine rifle though but not at the asking price.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMhP...AYER_gunmarttv

I knew the old MPR FT action would fit into a s400 series stock but I didn't realise it's new replacement would.

Looking at the different trigger guard the HFT500 has would the S400 stock need modifying in any way, or would it be a straight swop?

Is it possible for a private customer or RFD to buy an action from Air Arms without the stock?

Yes it would Arthur. I did this for a mate. You need to extend the slot in order to get the HFT 500 to fit. Dremmel or other power tool with small sanding roll.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Thanks Steve.
    Arthur