Thread: Dating a Diana/Milbro G80

Dating a Diana/Milbro G80

As in year of manafacture,not taking it out for meals etc I've got a G80 with 4 81 1 with that spacing stamped into the stock forward of the trigger would that be April 81?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Yes. That would certaily tie in with the maunufacturing run.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    yes thats about rught. Always thought the first number ws the month, but not sure about the last one.

Thank you gents.

As it's a Milbro

Millard Bros. rifle and not made by M & G / Diana in 'West Germany' (for this period) all bets are off - on the dating stamping.

I very much doubt that Milbro could be bothered/interested enough about their rifles to introduce (or continue with) an even minimally small extra production cost.

This model (G80) could be described as a final recognition that Milbro had to up their game to compete in the European airgun world.

Not to put too finer point upon it,

It was too late and not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    Millard Bros. rifle and not made by M & G / Diana in 'West Germany' (for this period) all bets are off - on the dating stamping.

I very much doubt that Milbro could be bothered/interested enough about their rifles to introduce (or continue with) an even minimally small extra production cost.

This model (G80) could be described as a final recognition that Milbro had to up their game to compete in the European airgun world.

Not to put too finer point upon it,

It was too late and not enough.
    Fair comment..

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    not so sure. its just a stamp in the wooden stock, hardly any great bother. Milbro invested in a lot of new machinery, inclding a new stock making macine, for the series70.

I've heard of some kind of 'numbering system' stamped on the (stock) butt () on some Milbros, whether those marked guns conform to a date format, I don't know.