Thread: SSP target pistol wanted

SSP target pistol wanted

Hi,

I'd like to buy a good condition target pistol second hand. I was thinking Baikal 46m as it is quiet and accurate. Or maybe fwb100 series or Pardini K58. It's just I don't want to spend too much.

I have a Tau 7 CO2 pistol which I like but it's a bit noisy and I don't shoot often so the CO2 leaks out if I don't use it. I do have a pump but like the idea of a self contained SSP.

Any advice or offers much appreciated - there must be some dusty ones out there that people have moved on from! Thanks.

Hi Stephen, I have a Baikal 46m that is just about to go up for sale. It's 6 months old and in as new condition, I would estimate it's had about 4 tins of pellets through it.

I have modified the grip but I have very 'average' sized hands and have not taken so much wood out of the grip that you couldn't shape it for your own fit.

Crucially I have 2 unused sets of spare seals for the pistol which is a bonus as spares are hard to come by.

Reason for sale, I have just ordered a Walther LP400 which is a bit lighter so that my daughter can do some pistol shooting alongside her rifle shooting. My wife is not agreeable to me having a 'spare' pistol so the Baikal has to go. It's a great piece of kit, superbly accurate and a lot of fun to use.

Let me know if you are interested and I can take some pics for you when I get home.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenBailey10 View Post
    Or maybe fwb100 series - It's just I don't want to spend too much.
    LOL...two statements you don't often see in the same sentence....

Selling the Tau 7 should net you enough to replace it with a S/H IZH-46, which is quieter on discharge (the pellet will still make the same noise on arrival) and just as capable as the Tau.
    Getting hold of replacement seals for the Izzy is an interesting exercise though... Tau ones are common as muck by comparison.
    Although a friend seems to be having some luck with a workaround using standard o-rings - time will tell if it lasts.

As for storing CO2 guns gassed up -opinion varies, but I'm still of the opinion CO2 guns are best stored without gas in them.

A S/H FAS is another possibility...
    Last edited by harvey_s; 29-09-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Sorry Stephen.. the fwb100 I mentioned is gone already
    Donald

Theres a FWB 100 on Gunstar at the moment.

(Ive no connection with this sale.)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Smile Than

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    LOL...two statements you don't often see in the same sentence....

Selling the Tau 7 should net you enough to replace it with a S/H IZH-46, which is quieter on discharge (the pellet will still make the same noise on arrival) and just as capable as the Tau.
    Getting hold of replacement seals for the Izzy is an interesting exercise though... Tau ones are common as muck by comparison.
    Although a friend seems to be having some luck with a workaround using standard o-rings - time will tell if it lasts.

As for storing CO2 guns gassed up -opinion varies, but I'm still of the opinion CO2 guns are best stored without gas in them.

A S/H FAS is another possibility...
    I'm quite a novice as you see, but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained! Despite being new I just don't like the idea of the pitol being the limiting factor. I hadn't really thought about seals ... something else to take into account. My Tau used to sometimes pop open and spit the seal out until I got the hang of latching it properly!

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Sorry Stephen.. the fwb100 I mentioned is gone already
    I appreciate your asking for me, anyway. Thanks.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Theres a FWB 100 on Gunstar at the moment.

(Ive no connection with this sale.)
    At a pretty good price too...a lot of the ones I've seen have been pitched at the £700 mark