Thread: Diana selling off family silver?

Diana selling off family silver?

The new owners of Diana seem to be selling off the some of the contents of their museum/gun collection on the German auction site eGun.

They are calling the sell-off a "collectors' challenge" and say they will sell off one gun a month for a year.

I've done a thread about it here.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The new owners of Diana seem to be selling off the some of the contents of their museum/gun collection on the German auction site eGun.

They are calling the sell-off a "collectors' challenge" and say they will sell off one gun a month for a year.

I've done a thread about it here.

Hello Danny,

Thanks for posting the link to this very interesting event. It will be interesting to see what items are offered for sale. Given that the proceeds are to be donated to charity, I would expect the realised prices to be on the generous side.

Regards

Brian

Danny, thanks for preserving the eGun listings. Apart from their 125th commemorative beauty, the other offerings don't exactly com across as "museum pieces" but we'll have to see if they pick out some really rare items in the coming months.

I read it as a Charity 'Thing' entirely, Danny

The M&G 'museum' was no such thing - it was a pretty much unsorted collection of their output racked up willy-nilly (no order could be discerned, whether by date or type). I can only assume the collection was put there for some reason by members of the workforce as M & G had a blithe disregard for 'history' (they kept very few production records). Strange, for a company that continued 'exact' Date Stamping of their output until about 5 years ago!

All the above (comments by me) are based on a visit to Rastatt by Mr Hector Medina - during which he actually took photos of the ranks of old guns in the factory - many of his pics appeared to show multiple examples of the same rifle.

I would think it's more likely that they are selling-off those 'excess rifles' that have more than one example.

ephemera

Rather like the paperwork-especially if it mentions Hitler!,;-)Trev

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Danny, thanks for preserving the eGun listings. Apart from their 125th commemorative beauty, the other offerings don't exactly com across as "museum pieces" but we'll have to see if they pick out some really rare items in the coming months.
    They have now, Don. This lovely nickel-plated 1st series Diana 58:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6102200
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Now that is a great piece,it should make good money.I hope it goes to a good home & documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    They have now, Don. This lovely nickel-plated 1st series Diana 58:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6102200

Wow!
    That is a lovely example, never knew they made them in Nickel-plated finish?
    Pitty the exploded view is from the 2 st series rifle ....

-----------------------
    Frank

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Got my hopes up when I saw a Diana 34 120th anniversary model on the wall in the 12th photo down but then realised they where taken in 2012 still trying to find one.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in