Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloaded rounds - entry on FAC?

I used to keep the receipts for all my reloading consumables, but my RFD has it all on record (duplicate book) so said any questions from FEO he had all the proof I was using them all, than again my FEO has always been great and has never asked
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    As already said, you should not enter reloaded rounds on your FAC.

Comes then the problem of justifying how many rounds you have permission for on your FAC. It is good practice (but not required) to keep a log of what you have reloaded (also handy for load development) and this could be used as justification for how many rounds you need to hold. You could also keep receipts for powder/primers/bullets (but I don't bother) as a crude indication of consumption. I have been reloading for at least 30 years and I do keep a log (notebook stored on my reloading bench) and I have had absolutely no problems from several different FEOs. I have also found that I don't need to hold a great deal of ammo anyway - who is going to bother to make up 1000 rounds unless attending a shooting fest.
    Good post. I, too, reload, rather than buy. Except for a bargain buy last year where a guy walked into our local gun store with a pile of 6.5x55 SE for almost nothing, I haven't bought any centre-fire ammunition since we got stiffed by a seller of Swiss milsurp a few years back. I DO shoot a good deal of both, as well as .45-70Govt and .308Win, and, of course, 7.5x55.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    As already said, you should not enter reloaded rounds on your FAC.

Comes then the problem of justifying how many rounds you have permission for on your FAC. It is good practice (but not required) to keep a log of what you have reloaded (also handy for load development) and this could be used as justification for how many rounds you need to hold. You could also keep receipts for powder/primers/bullets (but I don't bother) as a crude indication of consumption. I have been reloading for at least 30 years and I do keep a log (notebook stored on my reloading bench) and I have had absolutely no problems from several different FEOs. I have also found that I don't need to hold a great deal of ammo anyway - who is going to bother to make up 1000 rounds unless attending a shooting fest.
    I was asked this question on my last renewal, why do I require so many .308 rounds, my answer was that as long as expanding bullets are counted as complete rounds then I need the number I have to stay the right side of the law, if I want to by 2 or 3 different types and weights in boxes of 100 hundred I would have been over my limit without even trying! I was then asked how did I get my current limit? answer my Firearms Dept gave it to me when I asked a few years ago....that settled that! my FEO did mention that they had been told to try and reduce ammo holdings..
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I was asked this question on my last renewal, why do I require so many .308 rounds, my answer was that as long as expanding bullets are counted as complete rounds then I need the number I have to stay the right side of the law, if I want to by 2 or 3 different types and weights in boxes of 100 hundred I would have been over my limit without even trying! I was then asked how did I get my current limit? answer my Firearms Dept gave it to me when I asked a few years ago....that settled that! my FEO did mention that they had been told to try and reduce ammo holdings..
    That'll be interesting for me come renewal then, won't publish on here but I'll tell you how much I've got on my ticket next time we're out, your FEO would have kittens! Though seemed to think wilts aithority's helpful stance was a myth from memory!
    Thanks for looking

funny thing i have a big coffee jar full of primers too.do not know what to do with the things