Thread: SIHFT end of season shoot – Sunday 9th October, 2016, at Horsham Hawks HFT

SIHFT end of season shoot – Sunday 9th October, 2016, at Horsham Hawks HFT

Hi Everyone,

For this event, we will be laying on a standard UKAHFT course for your pleasure.

The difference will be that each target may be shot twice, if necessary. If the target is knocked over with the first shot, then 3 points will be awarded; if with the second, then 2 points. A plate on the second shot will achieve one point (a plate on the first shot doesn't count - 'cos you can take another shot). A total of 90 points are therefore possible. In addition, shooters can discuss the target distance and any necessary hold-off for wind with each other prior to the shot being taken. The idea is that more experienced shooters should partner the less experienced, so that the event can be both fun and a learning opportunity.

The prizes and awards for the 2016 Series, together with the prize draws, will take place once the shoot has finished.

Free tea and coffee will be available. We have tried to secure the services of a burger van but without success. One or two of our own members are therefore going to prepare some rolls and sausages for your delectation (gosh, hope that's spelt correctly). If we cannot do this reliably, then we will get a load of doughnuts (no pun intended).

Gates will open at 8.00am with ‘booking in’ commencing at 9.00am. The shoot will start at 10.00am after a safety briefing scheduled for around 9.45am. You must be at the safety briefing if you intend to shoot. The shoot will be open to all safe shooters with sub 12ft/lb air rifles. Visitors (not members of the regular Sussex clubs) are welcome, but you must drop me an email to confirm before you turn up ... pj.horshamhft@gmail.com

Please remember: if you want to shoot with a specific person, please don't leave 'booking-in' to the last minute as you may be disappointed!

Cost £7.00
    Juniors £6.00

The post code for Tower Road (our site) is RH12 4SX. There will be HFT signs at the entrance. Please drive slowly as you enter. As many cars as possible will accommodated in the woods. Some may have to be parked further along the road. Should this occur, a marshal will be on hand to assist with directions. If the marshal is otherwise engaged, please drive 100 yards up the road in the direction of Colgate and you will see a second entrance on the right to our overflow car park.

ATVB and looking forward to seeing you all there,

Phil

For the End-of-Series finale, Phil - are you running a .22/recoil class? Or is it a "run what you brung" day, with everyone pitted against each other

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    For the End-of-Series finale, Phil - are you running a .22/recoil class? Or is it a "run what you brung" day, with everyone pitted against each other
    Hi Nick,

It's just a fun shoot, Nick. The winners of each class will be congratulated at the end, as normal, but I do not think there are any prizes for this particular event (are there Mike, Charles?). My view would be that participants can bring whatever 'rig' they like - provided it's neither unlawful nor unreasonable - indeed, I know that one of your guys would like to shoot his 'FT rig' which is fine by me.

Please shout up anyone, if you disagree.......

Best wishes,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
    My view would be that participants can bring whatever 'rig' they like - provided it's neither unlawful nor unreasonable
    Bugger! No rimfire then? 😢

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    Bugger! No rimfire then? ��
    Or centre fire. 50 cal is definitely out too (unless sub 12 lbft - now that would be an interesting trajectory)

No fun here. Nothing much to look at. Move on

Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
    Hi Nick,

It's just a fun shoot, Nick. The winners of each class will be congratulated at the end, as normal, but I do not think there are any prizes for this particular event (are there Mike, Charles?). My view would be that participants can bring whatever 'rig' they like - provided it's neither unlawful nor unreasonable - indeed, I know that one of your guys would like to shoot his 'FT rig' which is fine by me.

Please shout up anyone, if you disagree.......

Best wishes,

Phil
    As long as he scores per FT ....
    .... Huggs and Kisses only .....
    ... or don't play with his knob!
    arf!

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Been racking my brain, I reckon SIHFT stands for " Southern Ingland Hunter Field Target"
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    Been racking my brain, I reckon SIHFT stands for " Southern Ingland Hunter Field Target"
    Very good

"Somewhere inland"..

So we have a twiddler within our midst do we!

Bring it on... Hope it is UKAHFT rules..

Spongetwat
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

This class .... is an excellent example of 'a contradiction in terms'
    ... a welshman with a brain.
    Sparky .... you have competition!
    arf!

Quote Originally Posted by Alegazmoz View Post

This class .... is an excellent example of 'a contradiction in terms'
    ... a welshman with a brain.
    Sparky .... you have competition!
    arf!

Ah, a flaw in your thinking, I'm not Welsh

Ah, a flaw in your thinking, I'm not Welsh
    In wales?
    Not welsh?
    You must have a thang for sheep?
    arf!

I'm told it's better if you take them to the edge of a cliff, they push back more!

I'm told it's better if you take them to the edge of a cliff, they push back more!
    No idea what you mean .... let's hope the RSPCA won't get upset ....
    .... but I admire & respect your honesty.

Why would you want to push a sheep off a Cliff?? bit silly!

naivespongey
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!