Thread: Baikal makarovs

Baikal makarovs

New member here and im intersested in all collectible baikal makarovs, not sure why but am a bit obsessed with these fine pistols

makarovs

Welcome eliano, I have a few Baikal Makarovs, and like your self really like them, my favorite is my Gen5 with red bakalite grips and slim frame. The earlier ones 1998ish are considered most desirable, supposedly superior machining etc. I have a nickel 2000 and a nickel 2014 and can see small quality issues in the newer gun. But my 2015 black gun with cut away ejector slot seems very high quality again. But compared to other cast bb guns, all Baikal Makarovs are streets ahead. Not that accutate, but nice things to collect and own. John.
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 02-10-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Hi john, i have a t15 blue and a t16 nickel, love them, not looking to sell any are you mate ? I also have a great contact on for mods and spares etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Welcome eliano, I have a few Baikal Makarovs, and like your self really like them, my favorite is my Gen5 with red bakalite grips and slim frame. The earlier ones 1998ish are considered most desirable, supposedly superior machining etc. I have a nickel 2000 and a nickel 2014 and can see small quality issues in the newer gun. But my 2015 black gun with cut away ejector slot seems very high quality again. But compared to other cast bb guns, all Baikal Makarovs are streets ahead. Not that accutate, but nice things to collect and own. John.

makarovs

Hi eliano, no I'm not selling them, I sold a nickel 2013 then regretted it a few months ago. Try to get a gen 5 in your collection. Don't take any notice of the "flexing frame"stuff on the net, yes you can squeeze it slightly, but in reality makes absolutely no difference to the gun at all. The slim frame and refurbished pre used red grips (ex police and army)all add to its charm. Also read recently that they were all made using a batch of now obsolete parts they had found in the factory. Hence only approx 2000 made. But that may just be Makarov folklore! Hence the appeal. John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Hi john, i struck lucky , dropped a few cheeky inboxes and prised a gen 5 from a lovely member here, very good model it must be said, its a t13 gen 5 with single stack and a tad unusual, it has no H stamps in the serial no, also has a small F stamp separate ( a german thing possibly but not the big stamps ive seen), its parkerised slide with blueing to sides, but most unusually it has bronzed safety, and barrel as well...pics to follow
    Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi eliano, no I'm not selling them, I sold a nickel 2013 then regretted it a few months ago. Try to get a gen 5 in your collection. Don't take any notice of the "flexing frame"stuff on the net, yes you can squeeze it slightly, but in reality makes absolutely no difference to the gun at all. The slim frame and refurbished pre used red grips (ex police and army)all add to its charm. Also read recently that they were all made using a batch of now obsolete parts they had found in the factory. Hence only approx 2000 made. But that may just be Makarov folklore! Hence the appeal. John.

Air Mak

Best air pistol ever made Guys!!!!
    I could part with any thing but mine. Its dated 02.04 and got the nickel slide