Thread: Crosman 600 barrel and scope rail.

Crosman 600 barrel and scope rail.

Hi all,

Newbie Nick here.

Having recently acquired a crosman 600, I was wondering if anybody in the UK can supply a slightly longer barrel that has a 1/2 UNF thread on the dangerous end so that I may fit a moderator?
    Also in the market for a scope rail to be fitted so that I may use a red dot sight - my eyes are no longer up to the job of peering through open sights. I can see the sights or the target but not at the same time.

many thanks

n.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I just made a barrel for mine from a crosman 1322 barrel (around 12mm OD). An extra 4" seems to be optimal in terms of velocity and not being too cumbersome. I'd suggest finding a suitable blank, then just get a machinist near you to knock one up. I reduced the lead in "cone" by about 0.75mm diameter, to save a bit of gas. It feeds prefectly, so I'd say it can only help with efficiency. As you would guess I only redcued the OD for the section that fits inside the original frame, leaving the protruding 4" at the full OD. It's gained 100 fps and is more accurate too.

Ref the rail, some weaver bases fit straight on; just watch they don't wrap around to much and foul the pellet pusher on the mag

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I have a feed issue on the 600 so will be contacting Lawrie shortly and I'll enquire about a scope rail then.

n.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

A popular thing to do

A long barrel on the 600 is very popular. An extended barrel of the 600 is just one of items that MAC-1, Los Angeles, offers. The 600 may well be the most upgrade friendly airgun design in history.

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/product-p/cr600loba.htm

Another very popular modification of the 600 is to adapt it to use small paintball gas tanks. Mac-1 can certainly help with this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    A long barrel on the 600 is very popular. An extended barrel of the 600 is just one of items that MAC-1, Los Angeles, offers. The 600 may well be the most upgrade friendly airgun design in history.

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/product-p/cr600loba.htm

Another very popular modification of the 600 is to adapt it to use small paintball gas tanks. Mac-1 can certainly help with this, too.
    Thanks. I have already had a conversation with Tim @ MAC-1. Their barrels probably push a 600 over 6ft/lbs at the lengths they provide ( they quote 500+ ft/s) and they seemed unwilling to cut one down. Also not sure of the legal issues of importing barrels. So ideally I would like to find something/someone that is a bit more local..

regards
    n.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Hello, shall we say that if you do go for a longer barrel then please check it over a chrono, it is very easy go hot. In a moment of 'lets see what will happen' I had a play with 4 different lengths and they varied from 'blimey' to that is very close.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello, shall we say that if you do go for a longer barrel then please check it over a chrono, it is very easy go hot. In a moment of 'lets see what will happen' I had a play with 4 different lengths and they varied from 'blimey' to that is very close.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    yup, that's another reason I went for just +4"
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have a 600 Carbine, which, when I bought it, had rather a long barrel, so I chopped it to the recommended length, which brought it down to under the legal limit using Hobbys.
    There's a picture of it as originally supplied complete with modified Crosman stock in my signature site.