Thread: BSA Centenary 1 of 1000

BSA Centenary 1 of 1000

There's a guy on Gun* selling not one of these but three! Now there's a example of a collector who got carried away.

I know how it happens, though. You buy one, then another better one, then a boxed one with all the bits and suddenly you have two that you don't want or need any more - and if you can afford not to get your money back immediately, they stay in the cabinet taking up space for years...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There's a guy on Gun* selling not one of these but three! Now there's a example of a collector who got carried away.

I know how it happens, though. You buy one, then another better one, then a boxed one with all the bits and suddenly you have two that you don't want or need any more - and if you can afford not to get your money back immediately, they stay in the cabinet taking up space for years...
    The chap I bought mine off owned 3 of them, sold one of them, a mint boxed .177 to a bloke who travelled down from Scotland, for £1,500. The other 'mint' one was out of my price range, (what I was prepared to pay) the 'shooter' I bought was in very good nick but didn't come with the 'cheap bits' or box although it did have the certificate and gun bag.

He also had a few Stuzens.

He was clearly a collector, he decided to just offload them - don't know why - not my place to ask!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

And some Im sure breed. 17 HW35s. Ive given up counting them and may store them with condoms on the barrels.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    There is another Centenary for sale on Gunstar for £1,195.

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

and some

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    And some Im sure breed. 17 HW35s. Ive given up counting them and may store them with condoms on the barrels.
    some even store/collect Walther lp53/lp2/lp3. [31]