Thread: Quirky B45-3 .177

Quirky B45-3 .177

Having a break from airgun repairs decided to go through my pile of "junkers". Under a Haenel 302, Diana G36, Webley MK 3, Airsporter, Tornado, 2 X Cadet Majors and Cadet was boxed Chinaman. Mentioned this one before on here, thought it was broken. It is as new condition with unmarked stock still with sticky blue label on, nice metalwork, but not working. Never bothered with it before but today put some oil in the pump, took action out of the stock and lubed and hey presto the valve reset and shoots lovely. Think this one was brought back to the shop soon after purchase and refunded. My question, as it is boxed and excellent condition will it be a future quirky nostalgia collectable ? Doesn't seem worth selling as you get nothing for them.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Yes

I have seen the odd post on here from people looking for one, so, yes, I think they do have that potential.

I've had a few, and sold them on as projects / knackers.

Don't think I ever worked out how to load pellets into the fix mag. Do they go in backwards?

They sold like hot-cakes though. Especially the .177

Perhaps they can be pumped right up!

I bought one as a project, I didn't realise it was .177. I sold it as I wanted a .22
    As said, they are quirky hence why I wanted one. They could be collectable due not many muti shot pump ups...?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The barrels aren't too bad. the triggers are shite though
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    The barrels aren't too bad. the triggers are shite though
    There's actually nothing I like about it, plus its a pumper but its the best one I've seen, like new, and it was free.

Baz

Thumbs up

I've a couple and gave one to a mate as he had rats around the bird feeder, He left it next to the kitchen window pumped up and loaded, Each time he saw a rat He popped it off!! Eventually none turned up!

He then had a problem with Jackdaws dropping hundreds of twigs down his chimney to nest on, Trouble was that he still had gas fires so the Carbon monoxide could have killed them with the chimney blocked! The little chinese effort solved both problems!

Eventually it wouldn't hold air so he brought it back for me, I stripped it and it was dripping in oil, I washed all the seals in Fairy washing up liquid, Used a bit of silicon grease and the thing will still hold air for ages!!

It was the top one..

Two Chinese pumpers

I quite like them

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    There's actually nothing I like about it, plus its a pumper but its the best one I've seen, like new, and it was free.

Baz
    Good review Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Good review Baz.
    I know your dying to shoot it at the range tomorrow, you like a bit of pumping exercise. See if we can sell it to vbull.

Baz

I had one as a yoof, odd thing is I cannot remember where it went, wether i sold it or lost it i have no idea! If anyone finds one in a field in cornwall its mine.

I had one as a yoof, odd thing is I cannot remember where it went, wether i sold it or lost it i have no idea! If anyone finds one in a field in cornwall its mine.