Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsporter vauation

Airsporter vauation

Hi could anyone give me a idea on the value of a 1976 B.S.A. Airsporter believed to be a MK 6 it is boxed complete with jackal pellets , targets ,inspection cert , 3x7x20 B.S.A. scope and instructions condition mint.
    Thanks Mark
    VEGETARIANS IVE SH**TUM
    MARK

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Valuations for rifles like this are difficult. (Mk6 - minter)
    There are a few for sale on the net at the moment - all dealers which will reflect the highest price possible, the highest £295 (which I would have thought was high) and ranging in price to £150.
    None are 'minters' nor are boxed or have scopes etc!
    The Mk6 (as far as I am aware) is not one of the very 'collectable' or 'rarer' airsporters, or particularly 'sought after', however, someone wanting one may agree to differ on that and any Airsporter is a worthy rifle. (and some may not agree with that too)
    A private sale will reflect in a lower price, but the mint condition, boxed with scope etc should reflect a higher price.
    Generally rifles like this will sell what someone is prepared to pay for it and the seller is willing to accept.
    Additionally, the price will reflect what other rifles of the same type/quality may sell for.
    Sorry I cannot be more precise - I am not an 'expert', nor a valuer - perhaps one of the other lads who know more about values will come along with a better valuation for you!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

P.P.S. Is that the right scope size as it appears very small?

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Factory fresh mint then £250 with the extras. £200 easy. All because it is boxed and factory fresh.

Lesser examples in free fall.

Smile

Thanks for the replies guys, the scope size is quoted in the auction advert . Going to have a look this afternoon will let you know what I find.
    You can view this item at Mitchells auction Cockermouth can't link it but fairly straight forward to find .
    Thanks
    VEGETARIANS IVE SH**TUM
    MARK

Its a odd auction, some punters and a few dealers who know prices and some stuff goes for more than buying new in the shops and other stuff is ok. Think its 20 % commision on hammer price too so do your maths.

Been to see today gun & scope immaculate box tacky , lets see what happens !
    VEGETARIANS IVE SH**TUM
    MARK

Sorry didn't come out right the box isn't mint but then again 30 year old cardboard isn't going to be ,but this gun doesn't look like its even been fired!
    VEGETARIANS IVE SH**TUM
    MARK

Quote Originally Posted by manko View Post
    Sorry didn't come out right the box isn't mint but then again 30 year old cardboard isn't going to be ,but this gun doesn't look like its even been fired!
    Depends how they have been stored - in dry/clean conditions you would hope - look at the condition of some of the boxes for the boxed Centenary rifles - some of them are like new and the rifles are older than the Mk6. (just)

If stored wrongly - they can deteriorate in the box though, really you should try cocking it as the piston can become stuck in the cylinder - some of the seals/buffer washer turn to mush and requires a stripdown to replace.
    Buyer beware but good luck if you find a good one, boxed and for a good price. (a good price in my book is one you are happy to pay! )

atb
    ASM

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Depends how they have been stored - in dry/clean conditions you would hope - look at the condition of some of the boxes for the boxed Centenary rifles - some of them are like new and the rifles are older than the Mk6. (just)

If stored wrongly - they can deteriorate in the box though, really you should try cocking it as the piston can become stuck in the cylinder - some of the seals/buffer washer turn to mush and requires a stripdown to replace.
    Buyer beware but good luck if you find a good one, boxed and for a good price. (a good price in my book is one you are happy to pay! )

atb
    ASM
    I don't think the polystyrene itself does much for keeping the gun in mint condition. I suspect there is something in it that attacks the metalwork. Those I've had that were boxed and mint were still in the polythene sleeve, which kept them seperated from the polystyrene.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    I don't think the polystyrene itself does much for keeping the gun in mint condition. I suspect there is something in it that attacks the metalwork. Those I've had that were boxed and mint were still in the polythene sleeve, which kept them seperated from the polystyrene.
    Indeed Paul - good point - I never thought of that!

The buffer washers seem to disintegrate on some over time - even if unused/boxed - to replace, that would require a full strip down which can be difficult as the piston becomes fixed inside the cylinder - personally never encountered this but know of some that have. Always a shame to strip an immaculate/new/boxed Airsporter for the sake of a shot buffer washer! (probably would affect the value of a 'minter' rifle if it had to be done. Incorrect lube/oils seem to be the culprit over time! )

ASM

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Indeed Paul - good point - I never thought of that!

The buffer washers seem to disintegrate on some over time - even if unused/boxed - to replace, that would require a full strip down which can be difficult as the piston becomes fixed inside the cylinder - personally never encountered this but know of some that have. Always a shame to strip an immaculate/new/boxed Airsporter for the sake of a shot buffer washer! (probably would affect the value of a 'minter' rifle if it had to be done. Incorrect lube/oils seem to be the culprit over time! )

ASM
    I must admit, I would be very reluctant to strip my two good ones and I definitely would not entrust the job to anyone else. I hope and believe that the Ballistol I use will not have any negative affect on the buffer washers. It shouldn't do. The other big enemy of any kind of rubber is time though.......
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    I must admit, I would be very reluctant to strip my two good ones and I definitely would not entrust the job to anyone else. I hope and believe that the Ballistol I use will not have any negative affect on the buffer washers. It shouldn't do. The other big enemy of any kind of rubber is time though.......
    I'm the same Paul - wouldn't trust anyone else with my 'babies'!

ASM

£240 plus commission, someone wanted it bad! Even a junk supersport went for £60, I got a nice knife though!

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    £240 plus commission, someone wanted it bad! Even a junk supersport went for £60, I got a nice knife though!
    May be resident in West Cumbria soon then?

ASM