Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne MM Fair date 26th Nov

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Yes, I did, but had to post back as I could not fill in properly on the computer. They should have received it on the 24th. I can only assume all the tables have been allocated to previous holders.
    Probably a good idea to ask Ian by email at the address you got the original form from.
    Mel.

Just to confirm details about an upcoming Air rifle and pistol fair. It will be held at the British Legion club in Melbourne, Derbyshire on Saturday 26th of November starting at 10.30am.
    The British Legion club is located right next door to a Sainsbury’s supermarket on Derby road, Melbourne. Please note that all of the available sellers tables have been booked and there is a list of sellers on the reserve list so it will be a full event.
    I have attended these fairs for the last two years and there can be some very good bargains to be had. I got an excellent condition 1959 Mk1 meteor for £65, a restored 1905 BSA Lincoln Jefferies for £140 and a Weihrauch HW80 Mk1 in excellent order for £150.
    The fair is geared towards collectable airguns, more than newer models, though there are some recent or near new items available.
    I would say it is well worth a visit even if it is just to look around, you will see rifles and pistols that you never knew existed as well as the collectable classics. But it will be hard to walk away without making a purchase when you see what is available.
    It is the organisers intention that the sellers are collectors themselves rather than dealers, so you know you will be talking to people who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the subject. Refreshments will be available and there is a raffle with some great airgun related prizes.

As this is a charitable event let's try to keep it on page one to get maximum exposure.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfy View Post
    Just to confirm details about an upcoming Air rifle and pistol fair. It will be held at the British Legion club in Melbourne, Derbyshire on Saturday 26th of November starting at 10.30am.
    The British Legion club is located right next door to a Sainsbury’s supermarket on Derby road, Melbourne. Please note that all of the available sellers tables have been booked and there is a list of sellers on the reserve list so it will be a full event.
    I have attended these fairs for the last two years and there can be some very good bargains to be had. I got an excellent condition 1959 Mk1 meteor for £65, a restored 1905 BSA Lincoln Jefferies for £140 and a Weihrauch HW80 Mk1 in excellent order for £150.
    The fair is geared towards collectable airguns, more than newer models, though there are some recent or near new items available.
    I would say it is well worth a visit even if it is just to look around, you will see rifles and pistols that you never knew existed as well as the collectable classics. But it will be hard to walk away without making a purchase when you see what is available.
    It is the organisers intention that the sellers are collectors themselves rather than dealers, so you know you will be talking to people who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the subject. Refreshments will be available and there is a raffle with some great airgun related prizes.
    To the top :-)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive GOOGLED the web site and the 'Contact Us' didn't provided an e-mail addy for Mr P Pilsworth.

Could you please supply an email addy.

Thank you.

Did you manage to get a table Ian??

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

On the assumption that the tables have now been allocated may I make a suggestion, please. If when setting up we enter by the first door it would save walking down the narrow passage with long gunboxes, negotiating 2 right angle bends with the same as necessitated by using the second entrance. It seemed daft to me last time but there appeared to be two guards posted to stop this short cut. If there's a sensible reason then fair enough. But I'd love to hear it.

We're about due for a 'Who's bringing what?' Post so I'll start the ball rolling with a pair of Britannias, one of each.

If there was a sign outside saying "Payment of £3 entry fee entitles entrant to 25% discount" last time (Don't know what made me think there was) please leave it at home.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    On the assumption that the tables have now been allocated may I make a suggestion, please. If when setting up we enter by the first door it would save walking down the narrow passage with long gunboxes, negotiating 2 right angle bends with the same as necessitated by using the second entrance. It seemed daft to me last time but there appeared to be two guards posted to stop this short cut. If there's a sensible reason then fair enough. But I'd love to hear it.

We're about due for a 'Who's bringing what?' Post so I'll start the ball rolling with a pair of Britannias, one of each.

If there was a sign outside saying "Payment of £3 entry fee entitles entrant to 25% discount" last time (Don't know what made me think there was) please leave it at home.

ATB, Mick

Hi Mick

Hope you're well mate Would those be the antique Britannia pistols??!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Mick

Hope you're well mate Would those be the antique Britannia pistols??!!

John
    'Fraid not, John. I've never actually seen a Britannia Pistol. In fact didn't know they'd made one. To be fair I bought a Greener before I'd ever seen one. It was very late in an auction with no viewing during the sale. I had better things to do than wait 4 hours for it to come up so I bid blind. My Britannias are a regular and an Improved. I might bring the Greener as well.

See you there, Mick

Red face

'Fraid not, John. I've never actually seen a Britannia Pistol. In fact didn't know they'd made one. To be fair I bought a Greener before I'd ever seen one. It was very late in an auction with no viewing during the sale. I had better things to do than wait 4 hours for it to come up so I bid blind. My Britannias are a regular and an Improved. I might bring the Greener as well.

See you there, Mick
    I went in search of a Britannia pistol with Google image fu and quickly realised the pistol I had in mind was actually a Lincoln pistol (No idea why I always think they're called Britannia!! )

My bad

I'll be sure to say hi

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I went in search of a Britannia pistol with Google image fu and quickly realised the pistol I had in mind was actually a Lincoln pistol (No idea why I always think they're called Britannia!! )

My bad

I'll be sure to say hi
    I'd rather you said 'How much?'

ATB, Mick

Thumbs up

I'd rather you said 'How much?'

ATB, Mick

I may just do that Mick!

John

As follow on to Mick's "who's bringing What" request. I'll have a general selection of older collectables including BSA underlevers and some Jems, some Webley parts.
    I also have an interesting and rather large, heavy, ex military night vision telescope. it's a wonderful gimbal mounted thing of fantastic quality, not much use to a hunter but great for nocturnal wildlife. I'll put it in the car if I have enough room for it.

Mel.

Hope it's not inappropriate to mention it here but I've put a picture in the 'Optics for sale' section.

Mel.
    Last edited by mel h; 13-11-2016 at 03:36 PM.

I will be selling a BSF55, Webley Hawk (Mk 2), Haenel 303, Diana, various scopes (incl a Tasco 2-7x32 @ £60 ) various mounts (incl Apel o/p,) plus loads of odd spares.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ATB, Mick
    I could always bring the one I made that says 'If you think we get everything for nothing, get it delivered by magic and don't have to pay £20 to stand then carry on making stupid bids'.

Just my take on it, Mick

All packed and ready.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk