Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Melbourne MM Fair date 26th Nov

Thoroughly enjoyable day, nice to put some faces to the names. Well worth the 300 mile round trip.
    Edit.
    Just to add, Thank you to the Melbourne members who put in the effort to make it work so well.
    Mel.
    Last edited by mel h; 27-11-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

Oh, I'll also get a HW35 out to try the Luxus stock on too

Cheers, John

Bloody hell John, I did it the other way round, I bought an HW35 at Melbourne today to drop the action into an E stock.

Thanks again Micky

All the best Mick

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    And I can proudly say, " I'm the man who grappled a quid out of his tight mitt for it".
    Mel.
    You did check it was a genuine coin I. J. gave you.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    And I can proudly say, " I'm the man who grappled a quid out of his tight mitt for it".
    Mel.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You did check it was a genuine coin I. J. gave you.

HA! I didn't buy it. Allan Larakeitis (sp?) bought it. So I can actually say I wouldn't give a quid for a Wobbly pistol.

ATB
    Ian.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody hell John, I did it the other way round, I bought an HW35 at Melbourne today to drop the action into an E stock.

Thanks again Micky

All the best Mick
    Ha ha ha!!

It takes all types eh Mick??

I didn't see you Mick!! Mind you I was half asleep and me head was banging!! I went for some paracetamol at Sainsbury's

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ha ha ha!!

It takes all types eh Mick??

I didn't see you Mick!! Mind you I was half asleep and me head was banging!! I went for some paracetamol at Sainsbury's

John

I slipped in and out of Melbourne like a phantom, John.

I had a pre arranged clandestine arms deal arranged with Micky in the Fitness car park opposite Sainsbury's, then called in here :-

http://www.fergiland.co.uk/contact

in order to pick up a new Fergy clutch.

All the best Mick

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I slipped in and out of Melbourne like a phantom, John.

I had a pre arranged clandestine arms deal arranged with Micky in the Fitness car park opposite Sainsbury's, then called in here :-

http://www.fergiland.co.uk/contact

in order to pick up a new Fergy clutch.

All the best Mick

Brilliant!!

I love old machinery, I used to drive a Ford tractor years ago in the foundry when the Massey bucket truck broke down! It was a really strange ride compared with the sluggish but powerful bucket truck!! There was a huge gearbox housing between the legs, It felt almost like riding a big fat 'oss!!

It was very quick and the front end seemed very light! It had a break pedal that was split to operate one side for going down flush to walls or something like that!! This was around twenty five years ago!!

I'm back on that job now but use a Cat bucket truck, It's old and breaks down a lot!, The front mudguard fell off in the pitch black 7am morning and I ran over the bugger as I didn't see it, Almost tipped the truck over and it got jammed up the rear mudguard!!

Two bolts had sheared in, The other had unscrewed and dropped out!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I used to won several old Fergys until I sold them all.

Im an ex tractor fan.

Baboom - tish!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    HA! I didn't buy it. Allan Larakeitis (sp?) bought it. So I can actually say I wouldn't give a quid for a Wobbly pistol.

ATB
    Ian.
    Sorry for the ID mistake Ian, your reputation is still intact. I'm sure your pal Allan had your best interests in mind when he took it. As for the authenticity of the quid, the young lady at the bar didn't object when I bought two cups of tea with it.
    Mel.

Enjoyed it

I went to this yesterday made the trip from Lancashire and glad I did met some nice people and grabbed a couple of guns for the collection

Thumbs up Also enjoyed it

Hi,

Just wanted to echo the comments of tomlinn and thank the organisers, sellers and fellow 'punters' for yesterday's event! Its only the second Melbourne I've been down to but it certainly makes the 5 hour round trip drive well worth it! So many interesting items to have a look at and to handle - and numerous bargains to be had! I bought a sound BSA Underlever with an interesting retailer stamp (giving me more research to do)! Plus it makes for a great drive home as the journey is whiled away by "Did you see...." "Yeah but what abut the...."! Thought the atmosphere was great - friendly, enthusiastic and knowledge crowd!

Many Thanks!

Olly