Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gem/Jewel trigger housing removal query

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Already tried that, which is why I started the thread .
    Well, if you're now absolutely sure taht you're tired of beating the ef out of it...get in the pillar drill!
    blah blah

Hi, OK how about drilling a little way in where the pin is, just enough to locate a punch and stop it from going off center, and for a punch use a allan key 3/16 or a 1/4'' dia. ground down to just under the pin dia. say for1/4'' just to get it started and an inch or so long.
    A little heat?
    If all else fails, drill from either side.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hi, OK how about drilling a little way in where the pin is, just enough to locate a punch and stop it from going off center, and for a punch use a allan key 3/16 or a 1/4'' dia. ground down to just under the pin dia. say for1/4'' just to get it started and an inch or so long.
    A little heat?
    If all else fails, drill from either side.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Similar plan to what I was thinking, drill each side just enough to free the sear to hopefully be pushed out then go from there. I have proper hardened pin drifts, the allen key wouldn't stand a chance, these pins are seriously stuck! I imagine they've been in there since the gun was built a hundred years or so ago . I can't do heat as the seal I just made and put in is rubber, someone else in the past had "converted" it with a rubber stopper from a toilet!

Hi, as you have some serious pin punches then please ignore my comments about the allans. My punches were not that good and I ended up with some banana shapped ones.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hi, as you have some serious pin punches then please ignore my comments about the allans. My punches were not that good and I ended up with some banana shapped ones.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Good suggestion though, no one knows who's got what in their toolboxes! I use little steel shafts or spare hardened pins from other gun builds as drifts sometimes too.