Thread: Airsporter Stutzen and carbine

Airsporter Stutzen and carbine

Hi Chaps
    Out of interest which is the more obscure of the above in .177 ?
    Regards
    James

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    James, I would guess that no one could answer that one accurately apart maybe Mark Knibbs who may have the BSA production records?

The .177 was made in smaller numbers across the Airsporter ranges - about 25% roughly?

It will probably depend upon how many of each were manufactured - I believe the stuzen models had a longer production run, so I would make an educated guess that the carbine models would be less - but I may well be wrong!

Perhaps someone knows better!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Can't answer the question but it appears that very few taploading stutzens were made in .177
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Thumbs up

My carbine is in .177
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Thanks for the feedback so far 👍
    I actually have both (stutzen acquired 1st followed by the carbine both in .177)
    Just love there look and feel of the stutzen though 😀

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback so far 👍
    I actually have both (stutzen acquired 1st followed by the carbine both in .177)
    Just love there look and feel of the stutzen though 😀
    I am lucky enough to have the carbine deluxe I also bought new in 1986 - one of my favourites.
    All my Airsporters are .22 - I wouldn't have a .177 - but that's just my personal choice. The .177 has to be rarer in all the Airsporter range - so you did well!
    (Target shooters usually prefer .177 - but I guess 'serious' target shooters wouldn't be using an Airsporter!)

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Red face

I have a Tap loading Stutzen and an RB2 Carbine, Not sure which is rarer but i'd guess at the RB2 carbine as I can't recall seeing another for sale but have seen a few Stutties (Tap loaders)..

Just remembered I stripped the Stuttie for a reblue years ago! Never put it back together!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I own and regularly shoot both in .22 calibre. They are are the RB2 versions.
    Out of the two the Carbine is the most accurate with Eley Wasps but the Stutzen is a close second.
    The Stutzen came to me fairly easily as they tend to be advertised every now and again but the Carbines appear less frequently.
    I "chased" the carbine for some time after reading an article on Airsporters in AGW some years ago by that well known and enterprising Mr. Doe. (some of you may have heard of him ?)

I wouldn't part with either and I've had silly money offers for the carbine !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I own and regularly shoot both in .22 calibre. They are are the RB2 versions.
    Out of the two the Carbine is the most accurate with Eley Wasps but the Stutzen is a close second.
    The Stutzen came to me fairly easily as they tend to be advertised every now and again but the Carbines appear less frequently.
    I "chased" the carbine for some time after reading an article on Airsporters in AGW some years ago by that well known and enterprising Mr. Doe. (some of you may have heard of him ?)

I wouldn't part with either and I've had silly money offers for the carbine !
    What does the barrel muzzle crown look like on the Airsporter Carbine ? Has it the open taper of the early full length models ?
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    What does the barrel muzzle crown look like on the Airsporter Carbine ? Has it the open taper of the early full length models ?
    Up in the cabinet locked away at present but I'll check it out in a day or two and report back !
    “An airgun or two”………

Smile

hi all, the bsa stutzen taploader .177 / .22 was produced from 1986/87. one year only..
    and the .177 is like hens back teeth.. thankyou.. J. S. D.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    My Deluxe carbine has the larger barrel muzzle crown!

ASM

Quote Originally Posted by JSD View Post
    hi all, the bsa stutzen taploader .177 / .22 was produced from 1986/87. one year only..
    and the .177 is like hens back teeth.. thankyou.. J. S. D.
    Well then I have a set of hen's molars
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS