Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIHFT 2016 Grand Finale Results

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

SIHFT 2016 Grand Finale Results

Hi All

Final (probably) SIHFT 2016 thread, to publish a big thank you to Phil and the whole of the Horsham crew for agreeing at relatively little notice to host this year's SIHFT Grand Finale and to show the results of today's 'different' and fun comp. Just to explain the amazing scores (well over 60), today's comp allowed people to have a 2nd go if they failed to knock a target over on the 1st. If you got it 1st time, you scored 3 points, 2 points if knocked over on the 2nd attempt. Otherwise 1 point for plates or a doughnut if you missed it. 'Buddies' were also allowed to coach one another and discuss estimates of range and wind; the latter of which there was very little, but interestingly tricky in the field at times.

Here they are .....
    Firstname Surname Club Score in Finale
    Philip Jacobs Horsham 90
    Andy Simpson Buxted 90
    Roger Dibbens Buxted 88
    Kevin Hills Buxted 88
    Kevin Catt Meon Valley 87
    Aaron Friend Oaks 86
    Justin Rayner Buxted 86
    Rick Bowell Iden Fern 85
    Mike Burgess Swallows 85
    Mike Byford Oaks 85
    Gary Morrison Buxted 85
    Maciek Pajek Horsham 85
    Charles Peal Oaks 85
    Stuart Tennent Meon Valley 85
    Graeme Cargan Oaks 84
    Peter Goodwin Iden Fern 84
    Simon Whittick Horsham 84
    Richard Chase Ford 83
    Kim Lum Swallows 83
    Steve Miller Meon Valley 83
    Mike Seagrave Meon Valley 83
    Kevin Maw Buxted 82
    Kevin Wickson Buxted 82
    Darren Hynes Iden Fern 81
    Nigel Wood Buxted 81
    Pat Fitzgerald Ford 80
    Howard Kalisch Buxted 80
    Abigail Maw Buxted 80
    Phil Moody Horsham 80
    Nigel Buchan Buxted 79
    Ewan Hobbs Iden Fern 79
    Vince Guy Swallows 77
    Steb Martinez Ford 77
    Roy Pearce Iden Fern 77
    Lisa Bowell Iden Fern 76
    Roddy Pettit Swallows 76
    Paul Somerville Meon Valley 76
    Justin Roberts Ford 75
    Daisy Dibbens Buxted 71
    Barbara Pearce Iden Fern 70
    John Browning Visitor 69
    Glen Turner Ford 58
    Anthony Leonard Iden Fern 57
    Gabriel Hobbs Iden Fern 50
    Dan Hawes Iden Fern 47
    Alasdair Ridley Swallows 46
    Connor Leonard Iden Fern 37

A few results worthy of note, starting with the blindingly obvious pair of clearances by Phil and Andy (very well done guys) and, at the very other end of the scale, the 37 by Connor. Why is his score mentioned ...... 'cos it was his first time ever trying HFT and he was using a CO2 Ratcatcher - the perfect size for his very youthful frame. At this rate, he'll be out scoring lots of us in the coming years

All the 2016 SIHFT trophies were issued to smiling winners (bar a couple who were unable to be present on the day)

Even more smiles followed as we drew numbers out of the 'hat' for our special end-of-year prize draw. Winners of the latter were:

An Air Arms S400 rifle - Kevin Wickson (an already devoted AA fan)
    £125 cash - Phil Jacobs
    £75 cash - Gary Morrison
    £50 cash - Paul Somerville
    £50 cash - Kevin Hills

Well done one and all and see you in 2017 if not before.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Gutted i missed this ... looks like it was a great day .... Well shot all the buxted lads and especially Abi Maw well done young lady
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Great Shooting PJ and Simmy!

Simmy's last target was the free stander and i think i was more nervous than he was!

A BIG round of applause to all the SIHFT organisers, that we all take for granted!

Another BIG Hats off to Air Arms, for supporting us every year so generously, great local company, doing a good job!

Oh yeah and....... UP THE OAKS!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this such a great series.
    Also thanks to Air Arms for their generousity with the prizes throughout.
    “To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target”

Red ISP Airstream serial number 48 in a Tilly stock. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 X 32 MOA

Another great sihft series .big thanks to all involved thoroughly enjoyed all the rounds. Top shooting today Phil and Simmo . Cheers to Horsham for today's round great laugh and relaxing morning's shooting at your grounds. Cheers to charles Mike and all involved in arranging the series simply superb. AirArms for there sponsorship again cheers Graeme for the company again great laugh..bring on the shs

Quote Originally Posted by risingfriend View Post
    Another great sihft series .big thanks to all involved thoroughly enjoyed all the rounds. Top shooting today Phil and Simmo . Cheers to Horsham for today's round great laugh and relaxing morning's shooting at your grounds. Cheers to charles Mike and all involved in arranging the series simply superb. AirArms for there sponsorship again cheers Graeme for the company again great laugh..bring on the shs
    Ditto What a great series
    Great company... Cheers Aaron.
    Many thanks to all involved all clubs.
    Well done to air arms for the great generosity through out the series.
    Well done Andy and Phil on clearance.
    All the best
    Graeme

Smile

Really disappointed that I was unable to make Horsham today - sounds as though I missed a really good day.

Well done to everyone involved in putting on the SIHFT Series - it is without doubt the very best way to spend one's Sundays over the summer months.

See you all for the start of the Southern Hunters Series in a few weeks

Thanks to all the SIHFT organisers and clubs of which I have no doubt is one of the best series in the country and without all the efforts of organisers and clubs involved wouldn't be the success that it is, thanks folks. Was sorry not to be there.

Top shooting Phil and Andy, good to see Roger D and Kevin Hills up there too.

Wishing you all well.

Regards
    No Hope

Quote Originally Posted by NSRH View Post
    Thanks to all the SIHFT organisers and clubs of which I have no doubt is one of the best series in the country and without all the efforts of organisers and clubs involved wouldn't be the success that it is, thanks folks. Was sorry not to be there.

Wishing you all well.

Regards
    No Hope
    Has nobody told him?
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by NSRH View Post

Wishing you all well.

Regards
    No Hope
    Here, Here Nigel.

Thank you
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    Has nobody told him?
    We were going to let you deal with that one .....

Not funny........
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

MVAC would like to say a Big thank you to all involved with the SIHFT series, another great competition, especially for Meon, as we could enter as a guest team and I don't think we did too badly , always great fun with plenty of banter.

Sundays Grand final was a lot of fun, well! as long as your partners got the range right and great shooting from Andy & Phil.

well done Meon lads....Paul Somerville winning a £50 cash prise & Steve Miller who won the bonus cash prize and a BIG bar of Toblerone

And not forgetting our Mr Stu Tennent, coming 2nd overall in the Open Class.

see all you in the SH and looking forward to next years SIHFT where we (meon) will topple those mighty Oak's!

ATB
    Mike
    Last edited by happydad; 10-10-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

... I like that last joke very good!

Stuart did have a very lucky year.......yes...
    All will change next year! Ha!

Spongetwat..

Not Luck with our Stu! See him nail a 86 yarder ...Standing..... the other day, got annoyed with the fact that I got it prone with my HW100 barreled Steyr and he couldn't find the kill with his run of the mill Steyr.....walked over to the boot of his car, got out his HW100KT, walked back over to the plinking range, stood there took aim, knocked it over then walked back to his car and put the rifle away.......Pure Class!

Next year we are going to use Chainsaw's, only way to cut you boys down to size..LOL!

ATB
    Mike
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.