Thread: Webley MkIII thoughts.

Webley MkIII thoughts.

I recently bought a copy of Webley Air Rifles by Christopher Thrale to learn a bit about my service MkII.
    But I have spent quite a bit of time going over and over the Mk III section and I bet I've understood and absorbed only a little bit and now know about an 1/8 of what I'd need to know. However I have become a little struck on them hence I have acquired a second example in .177, my first being a .22 serial No. 32xxx so a 4th version it seems.

The new one is serial 6xxx so a early series 3 as I figure.
    It has the grooved stock with 16 of them. Blue is fair but leaning towards brown with speckles and stains and the stock is quite good but front stock screw heads poor.
    It has the correct version of button but it's too white so obviously a later after market replacement sadly.
    Still it's decent enough for my needs.

I now Have an early? 47xxx serial supertarget on the way though all the same (birthday pressy to myself).

Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

One is never enough Steve, as you have found out!

I'd be interested in whether your 'new' Supertarget is marked as such and whether the rearsight is present.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    One is never enough Steve, as you have found out!

I'd be interested in whether your 'new' Supertarget is marked as such and whether the rearsight is present.

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John, thanks for the reply, scary times as it's bought unseen, but a trusted source, early but just in the run enough to be marked and the rear sight is the PH17B with spare elements in the grip, I am promised.

It'll get a thread when I've been over it.

Steve
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Hi John, thanks for the reply, scary times as it's bought unseen, but a trusted source, early but just in the run enough to be marked and the rear sight is the PH17B with spare elements in the grip, I am promised.

It'll get a thread when I've been over it.

Steve
    I have dealt with two of the people your signature says you have had good deals with and fully endorse their credibility, if that is where the rifle is coming from.

I like the Supertarget and have four - all different! The only thing that lets them down is that awful trigger. Earlier Mk3s were a lot crisper. Theoretically the early 'unmarked' Supertargets may have the earlier 1950s trigger, which ought to make this variant the best of all Supertargets from a user's perspective. It is the one I am still looking for!

Kind regards,

John.

Trigger wise all I know is it's the blued blade not the polished steel one.
    Have PM'd you too.
    Steve