Thread: Giffard owners

Giffard owners

Giffard owners How far can you constantly hit the bottom of a beer can. I am currently at 31meters and still going strong

aimless Guest
    with a shot shell-version and after drinking ?

Giffard

Forgot to say 4.5mm And maybe a glass of wine

Pistol or rifle?.

Giffard owners

I'm not a giffard owner & probably never will be unless I won the lottery, but I've just been doing the same at the same distance. In fading light at 7pm with my .22 challenger & simmons 1.5-5x32 8-point cheapo scope & only managed 9 out of 10 shots hit so not too bad at all for an old giffard with opens!

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    Giffard owners How far can you constantly hit the bottom of a beer can. I am currently at 31meters and still going strong
    Garvin sent me a link (on a related and similar subject) where i found this amazing set of info on 'power settings':
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...power+settings

...and the quote: "The 6m/m rifle that I owned shot exactly 100 times on full power - as the manufacturers claimed about 140 years ago!"

Clearly The Giffard is a mighty beast - so (excuse my ignorance) does this require suitable FAC paperwork for legal ownership as clearly higher than 12 ft lbs?

Giffard

Weak Hammer spring fitted so will not go over 12 and the 4.5 does not produce the higher energy like the larger calibres