Thread: Pistol shooting glasses wanted

Pistol shooting glasses wanted

I am looking for 'as new' right eye pistol shooting glasses with adjustable iris and opaque side and front blinds.

pm me with what you have.

thanks

Tony

Shooting specs....

I had a pair of Anshutz shooting specs made for me back in 94... they worked for me for several years.

I recently returned to the sport and decided to look at having shooting specs again.

A good friend of mine is an optometrist with Specsavers.... I wear specs day to day and chatted with him while he tested me for my recent specs a few months ago.

He asked what distance I needed to focus.... "end of my right arm plus about 9inches" I told him.... ie the foresight... After sorting my prescription he advised the sales dept to price up a low cost 2nd pair with plastic lenses in a cheap frame.

I made sure he knew I am "left eyed" and so made sure the left lens was corrected to focus at the foresight distance. The prime focus of the lens was set in front of my eye.

When my specs were ready for collection he told me to try them and then when I was happy to use fine grade glass paper or emery paper to rub over the right eye lens... therefore making a permanant eye blind.

All in all they cost me £39... and work GREAT... I can only focus on the foresight and can easily keep my right, non dominant" eye open. About a 1/10th of the cost of an anchutz set !!!! Well worth a try at your local Speecy shop... just make sure the optometrist knows which eye is dominant and the distance you need to focus at.