Thread: night force

night force

Hi i wanted to post about this scope some time ago but just havnt had time, after buying other rifle scopes including sxb Hungarian witch turned out to be faulty i bought a nightforce 3x12x56 what a great scope it is, the glass is second to none and is really good while lamping. it takes a good bit of stick on the pickup and still hold its zero.

Anyone thinking of buying one take my word for it they are spot on lads.

holy cow ,i like nightforce there great.i have used many over the years but there glass is not second to none.i have the atacr with the best glass i have had in a night force and trust me swarovski beats it without trying.

I had a nightforce 8-32x56 and one night at dusk i compared it to my mates meopta 3-12x50. With both scopes set to x8 the meopta outperformed it by a large margin at one third of the cost. The glass compared to european scopes is not good at all.

Not the most in depth review we've had, while I agree NF are well made, I've never rated the glass.
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Nightforce

I have 2 night force scopes both of which are very good both at night and during the day. They are very robust (see youtube) and are well made if not a little heavy. However I must say having looked through Meopta scopes recently they are the match of night force and much cheaper.
    bryn

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I have two Nightforce's and both are amazing. I think they are rather expensive BUT worth the money . I was looking at either another one of those OR Vortex Razor ... or maybe ... IOR ???

I just don't know ??

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

I have a Recon here Roger if you need a squint through one.

Neil
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

I once had a look through one, which someone was using for FT.
    It had a sidewheel - so wasn't one of the BR jobs.
    It was undeniably milky.
    Glad I am not alone.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

thanks. reading these posts makes it easier to stay away at least for an airgun anyway

One summers evening set up a compare as it is getting dark, against a dark background at 100 yards or so. The results will be surprising, as to which scope will be the last to enable you to take a shot.

With a friend a few years ago we compared Vx3 4x 14 x 40 Luepold, IOR 56mm, Swaro PVS 50mm,, NSX 6x 22 x 50, Ziess 3 x 9 x 36, Simmons 2 x 7 x 25 and a couple of others, the winner was the little 36mm Ziess where you got at least another 5 minutes over the second placed scopes. All reticules were switch off if illuminated to get a fairer result. Nothing from S&B was included as we had nothing from them between us.

NSX is a very good scope, ret is illuminated so will allow shots in MOST circumstances depending on the reticule but I have had the center dot vanish at about 9.30pm and had to switch to using the side bars instead on NP2DD reticule. Using that scope at night given a decent lamp you wont need the illumination and when its turned up it can glare so I keep it turned down.

A