Thread: Gamo compact pellet recommendation

Gamo compact pellet recommendation

Just bought one off here last week and like it very much compared to the hw40 I previously owned. The gamo pellets that came with are sometimes a very tight fit, has anyone used different flat heads that are well suited to these pistols. Was thinking of rws geco?
    Thanks
    Peter

Yep...

...they work a treat. I always got good results with Bisley Practice flatheads in mine, but when the local supply ran dry I tried the Gecos, and they're virtually identical. They feel a bit tighter when you push them into the barrel, but they work fine.

Bonedome.

As per previous comment Geco group well in the Compact & as a bonus are cheap, ...mike...

Thanks chaps will get some ordered, do you know if the trigger is adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Thanks chaps will get some ordered, do you know if the trigger is adjustable?
    I have owned one and read up on all the trigger tweaks at the time. Apparently on the stock pistol the adjustment screw is not quite long enough to be of much use so folk put in a longer screw, the end of the screw has to be ground to a point to contact the components inside. Seem to recall they also polish the sear. Maybe the one you have has already had these tweaks?

On the one I had, adjustment of the screw would change the feel from either a long creepy trigger, to short clean let off; the latter being preferred.

There are some threads/web articles about both the above tweaks. I doubt that I have any links as it was a while ago, on a different PC.

Agree about the RWS Geco pellets 7.0 grains, use them in all my pistols both air and CO2. Best price I have found is Sundon Model Shop in Luton £6.64 for 500 and free delivery. If you find them cheaper let me know.

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    I have owned one and read up on all the trigger tweaks at the time. Apparently on the stock pistol the adjustment screw is not quite long enough to be of much use so folk put in a longer screw, the end of the screw has to be ground to a point to contact the components inside. Seem to recall they also polish the sear. Maybe the one you have has already had these tweaks?

On the one I had, adjustment of the screw would change the feel from either a long creepy trigger, to short clean let off; the latter being preferred.

There are some threads/web articles about both the above tweaks. I doubt that I have any links as it was a while ago, on a different PC.
    Thanks for info