Thread: More retirement match rifles for sale.

SSP match rifles for sale due to retirement.

As most of my spring powered match rifles in my "retirement sale" are sold and I have good interest in the remaining pair of Model 150 FWB rifles I will start to list my SSP rifles next.

First will be a Walther LGR Match Universal.

This rifle is like the Walther LGR Match and comes with the same riser blocks but has a different stock that features an adjustable cheek piece to give a better "heads-up" shooting position to go well with the riser blocks.

The mechanics of the Walther LGR, LGR Match and LGR Match Universal are the same as each other so the well trusted and loved classic action is the same but the woodwork gives this comparatively rare variant a slightly better overall match shooting "feel".

This particular rifle has had a very slight recess taken to the corner of the stock under the trigger finger (only). This allows the trigger finger to reach the trigger correctly and more easily.

When shot at RMTC earlier his year it achieved some very impressive results - one of the very best scoring MPL legal rifles ever to be shot at the club.

The minor stock mod under the trigger finger position (although very small) has been well executed and re-stippled and oiled to blend in well with the original woodwork and is not generally visible unless pointed out - but it makes a big difference to the handling and overall feel.

I was able to buy the very last set of cheekpiece adjusters from Bills Walther Spares before Bill died so these have no wear and are in "as new" condition.

Price for this rare beast is £425 and delivery can be arranged to any mainland address for just a tenner extra but a "hands-on" here in Rossendale would be a better idea as the rifle can be inspected and shot before buying.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-10-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The Walther LGR Match was shot and tested again today and it is still a very good looking rifle that shoots really well and it would be ideal for use in the MPL competition or for Bell target shooting as well as its intended use at 10 meters .
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.