Thread: crosman 140 valve cap

crosman 140 valve cap

just purchased a used crosman 140 , but when pumped it was leaking air ,so i stripped it down and noticed the end cap with the quad seal,was apart the metal seal holding the rubber quad seal in was just resting on top of the cap and seal. so will i need a new valve cap, if so any body have any idea where i can get one that ships to the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    just purchased a used crosman 140 , but when pumped it was leaking air ,so i stripped it down and noticed the end cap with the quad seal,was apart the metal seal holding the rubber quad seal in was just resting on top of the cap and seal. so will i need a new valve cap, if so any body have any idea where i can get one that ships to the uk.
    I'd try loctite 271 and peening the brass over the steel before looking to buy a new one.

The cap is common to the 147,130 and 1300 as well and I've seen new ones for sale on the bay.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I'd try loctite 271 and peening the brass over the steel before looking to buy a new one.

The cap is common to the 147,130 and 1300 as well and I've seen new ones for sale on the bay.

All the best Mick
    funny i just ordered some Araldite Fusion from will that do the trick,some one must have glued it before as there is hardened glue in the bottom of the cap.