Thread: 22 Hornet Pistol Primers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pistol primers for Hornet

Most rfd will not sell them to you unless you have a pistol calibre rifle on your fac. I tried pistol rather than small rifle, did not notice any difference...the pistol primers are shallower, seat deeper than the small rifle.

amc577

I've been using both for years and I can't tell any difference between them. I believe that the rifle primers are slightly hotter to ignite rifle powder and the metal may be slightly heavier, but not that I've noticed. I've never had a problem buying either from any of the RFDs that I've used. If they don't know me they just check that I have reason to have them, ie, FAC. I don't remember any of them checking what was on it. You can buy primers for blank firers for stage or re-enactments without an FAC.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

I tried winchester, they were pants at 1 grain lil gun less than my normal load I was getting pierced primers! Evidently pistol primers are softer, I'd try magnum pistol if I were you, designed for higher pressure. I may try these as I bought some for the .357 but I've picked up 900 fed205m for £20 so I'll probably just stick with those
    Thanks for looking