Thread: Detachment Issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I think I may be starting to develop "Detachment issues" with a Webley Mk1 pistol I bought off here the other week off Webman----it was in better nick than I thought it would be and he sent a couple of pairs of wood grips he had made. "Thank you Sir" . It was quite hard to cock and when I stripped it (Not that it really needed stripping--I am just like that) It had a flat section spring in it. I cleaned the pistol out and relubed it and tried a bit of shorter spring on the sear, but it wouldn't cock with that in and I didn't want to cut the one that came with it. It was still had to cock, so I swapped the spring with a round one I had knockng around here. With the trigger adjusted fairly light it really is an accurate pistol and send the bottle caps flying. After a quick word with my Niece, who the pistol is intended for, I decided to have a go at the wooden grips and then fit them. I don't know what sort of wood they are but they were a fairly plan brown colour, so I attacked them with the blow lamp so a lot of them are black. A few coats of Tru oil later and they have been fitted. It really does shoot well, so I will have to try not to shoot it now or I will want to keep it

Thank you Webman. It's a good un
    Last edited by ggggr; 13-08-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"