Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
Guy has outed me so here goes....My name is Phil and I'm addicted to crap Airguns. Often the worse they are the more I want them,I almost feel for their suffering. I'm the same with other stuff,I bought my house as a wreck and even my cats are rescue cats with only one tail and 3 eyes between them.
Once I have rebuilt an air pistol I wouldn't be able to get rid of it unless it was passed on to someone who feels the same and even then it would be difficult,however I don't have any issue selling something that's newish. I tend to hoard as many old spares as possible and it's almost as hard passing those on but I'm a hypocrite because I could never bring myself to break a gun myself. I was never this bad until I got divorced and lost almost everything. I bought her out so I had the house but I had to sell everything prior to pay for the divorce and she took the rest. I had a coffee table and a wooden trunk and that was it. The gas/electric/phone/water etc she had cut off. I had managed to hide my Airsporter and Tempest and parts of a BSA cadet in the loft,these were parts of my collection that I just couldn't bare to part with and the night she left I went up with a torch and retrieved them from under the insulation Since then I've collected every waif and stray I could get my hands on and that genuinely makes me happy. I've had councilling because I have an obsession with fixing things,not being able to fix things genuinely distresses me,other than all that I'm completely normal
Excellent post sir!