Thread: Fwb Sport 124 Mk1

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Fwb Sport 124 Mk1

I just saw a very nice Mk1 Fwb Sport in a local emporium. The stock and blueing are in almost pristine condition. The sights are both present and the safety works. Is the £250 price tag too steep?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I just saw a very nice Mk1 Fwb Sport in a local emporium. The stock and blueing are in almost pristine condition. The sights are both present and the safety works. Is the £250 price tag too steep?

I think it's a good price to be honest, what else would you get for £250 and if looked after it will not lose money but probably go up in value.

If the bluing and woodwork are pristine and you have the fore and rear sights then it's a good price. What is key is whether the Mk1 piston seal is still up to scratch. These old ones - although synthetic- have a tendency to disintegrate. The spring on a 124/127 is long (by anyone's measure) and carries a whole load of pre-load and as such, not recommended for the amateur without a spring compressor. Therefore,, replacing the piston seal and a service re-lube may be the only costs to bare if you don't have the kit and know how. Just a thought. Still a good deal if in pristine order aesthetically.
    https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Hi have you got the number for the shop please
    Atb
    Dean
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

no would you rather spend your money on fast women

I went to the shop Friday to get my bottle filled and spotted the FWB.

If it had been 200 notes, I would have bought it on the spot.... missed out on a nice 127 a little while ago.

Never mind, I went back earlier today and bought it, came with a tin of pellets and a padded gun slip.

Im always getting nagged down at Bisley for running scopes, I think this is going to be a lovely rifle to run an aperture sight once I find one to fit.

It reminds me a lot of a HW35E I recently sold, but being a leftie, the barrel catch on the 35 wasnt natural to use.

Cheers.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Everyone knows I like my Sports, 124's being my preferred shooting Superdomes.
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/IMGP6760.jpg
    The above is my favorite combination with a 4x40 scope and Apel mounts. I never got on with Sports open sights. Better found on BSA's, Webley's, BSF's and HW's.

Every Sport has an individual trigger, no two are exactly the same. They do want to shoot straight and will when not constrained on a bench; so best shot standing unsupported.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Muskett; 16-10-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    I went to the shop Friday to get my bottle filled and spotted the FWB.

If it had been 200 notes, I would have bought it on the spot.... missed out on a nice 127 a little while ago.

Never mind, I went back earlier today and bought it, came with a tin of pellets and a padded gun slip.

Im always getting nagged down at Bisley for running scopes, I think this is going to be a lovely rifle to run an aperture sight once I find one to fit.

It reminds me a lot of a HW35E I recently sold, but being a leftie, the barrel catch on the 35 wasnt natural to use.

Cheers.
    Geoff, did you buy the one I think we both mean? If so, it's saved me £250 and taught me, yet again, that if you snooze, you lose. If not, I think I'll be £250 lighter after I finish this set of shifts.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

It was from the shop by the airport.

Sorry you missed it, I did ponder over it Friday night, didn't know it was going to be there myself when I went back!
    Thanks - Geoff.

Oh, bugger!