Thread: PH17B sight on that site

PH17B sight on that site

Interesting sight on that auction site! 302109046991

The single hole iris is not commonly seen and is probably more suited to the PH16M. Shame it's not for sale on its own.

And no, I'm not the seller!

John

Ok so now I have a Supertarget I know nothing about the elements of the rear sight.
    I have this fitted

and these in the cap?
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

ph17b.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Interesting sight on that auction site! 302109046991

The single hole iris is not commonly seen and is probably more suited to the PH16M. Shame it's not for sale on its own.

And no, I'm not the seller!

John
    Interesting John,We will see.
    Roly.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Ok so now I have a Supertarget I know nothing about the elements of the rear sight.
    I have this fitted

and these in the cap?

The Parker Hale 17b aperture sight is the one normally fitted to the Supertarget, and the elements are for the fore sight. If you haven't got any instructions, I will be posting a copy on my signature sight which you can print off. I thought there was already one on there, but there isn't, so will rectify that shortly.

After seeing the silly prices like £475 for a Supertarget, this could be a good cheap way to make your own, especially if you have a nice early model MK3 with fluted stock and rounded tap lever.

Better still, get yourself a nice MK2 service

Forgot to say, there was a few of these (without the extra No5 iris) on offer at Bisley, starting at £75....

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The last one I saw on E-Bay went for less than £50. Someone certainly got a bargain with that one. They usually go for between £70 & £90. Will be interesting to see how much this one goes for with its knackered "multi aperture" eye piece.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

17b

I have bought a couple over the years and they have
    Become dearer you just have to keep checking the
    bargains are there

17B Sight.

As i hinted to JOHN/M.The 17B came my way i did not intend to spend silly money as i allready have one with large multi
    hole eye cup, and another with single small 5 type iris.there is something about precision instruments that i find addictive.
    Especialy gun sights.Must be my mechanical work as a motor mechanic. [Not a fitter] Iwas taught how to repair and make
    parts etc.Enough bragging . The 17. cost me £56 + post £60.Roly.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    As i hinted to JOHN/M.The 17B came my way i did not intend to spend silly money as i allready have one with large multi
    hole eye cup, and another with single small 5 type iris.there is something about precision instruments that i find addictive.
    Especialy gun sights.Must be my mechanical work as a motor mechanic. [Not a fitter] Iwas taught how to repair and make
    parts etc.Enough bragging . The 17. cost me £56 + post £60.Roly.
    Well done Roly. I share your passion for precision optics. Well vintage ones anyway!

Let us know how you get on with the single hole iris, as this was what attracted me to this item in the first place. I think they are ideal on a PH16M due to their unobtrusive profile and ought to let lots of light in.

Kind regards,

John