Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tx200 or hw97

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Give me a clue here, Barry.

Which gun in the video has exactly the same swept volume as an 80 or a Century ?

All the best Mick
    OK Mick trying to stay on topic TX VS 97
    I said central TP vs OS/TP suggesting that the TX had a advantage.

You then suggested that it didn't really matter as long as the TP was short and the long TPs on break barrels including the Diana 34 were not as efficient as the short TPs and of course I agree

I then sort of said that even a long TP would be more efficient if it was central, like the long central TP on the gun in the video, just making the point of what a long angled TP can do.

Now you ask which gun in the video has exactly the same swept volume and as you no, no break barrels does, BUT the 460 underlever does and guess what it has a very short TP, yet the power is almost the same, so if a long central TP is so inefficient how do you explain that

Rather than just saying,
    I like the feel of the TX or 97 I'm trying to point out real advantages that the TX has like central TP, ABT, stronger cocking link and a rotating piston

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post

Now you ask which gun in the video has exactly the same swept volume and as you no, no break barrels does, BUT the 460 underlever does and guess what it has a very short TP, yet the power is almost the same, so if a long central TP is so inefficient how do you explain that
    Again we can't compare them as we have no idea of the input energy to each rifle compared to the output energy, Barry.
    So no direct comparison can be made, it could be that the 460 is acheiving the same power with a reduced input energy.
    If you research airflow in pipes, you'll find there are calculations for the energy loss caused by air going round bends compared with moving in a straight column.

Strange that Diana should go for an offset transfer port on the 460 Magnum if they truly believed a central transfer port has a major power advantage.

BTW, I wouldn't be able to choose between a 77 or a TX given the choice, which is why I own both.

All the best Mick

Strange that Diana should go for an offset transfer port on the 460 Magnum if they truly believed a central transfer port has a major power advantage.
    Interesting point Mick, and could indicate a advantage to the HW.

How much more easy would it be to machine a one piece compression cylinder with a central TP than a offset TP from a solid piece of metal like I assume is how Diana does it if you look at this pic of a 52 and 460 cylinder.

http://imgur.com/KaLIZxW

I wonder if anybody has ever machined / fitted a ratchet ABT to a 77/97... Except Air Arms of course.

HW77 every time,prefer it to any pcp,less hassle and simple to service if needed.
    Just about everyone seems to have tried a copy but never bettered it.

Tx200

TX gets my vote. Easy to work on, reliable, bomb proof and very accurate in the right hands, love mine. I have the full length TX in a walnut stock

Hello to All,

+1 on the TX200

For me, it is the ideal platform for experimenting on, very very easy to strip, and shoots beautifully.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

As long as they're short and concentric with the barrel I don't care where they are, Barry.

I don't like transfer ports that are long and on the piss, like the Weslake b2, Relum Tornado or Diana 34.
    Using an angled transfer port introduces two problems in that the transfer port length increases and the air blast has to make it's way round two turns to get to the pellet.
    The old Sterling rifle transfer port had more angles than a set square. The action might've been as quick as a gas ram, only it takes around 3 seconds for the air to reach the pellet

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1963 View Post
    When you get a chance can you make some bits for my Pro Elite? I think your inbox is full. Maybe a Pro Elite will be the best ....... once it is sorted.

In the meantime ...... MK1 TX gets my vote.
    Mk 1 TX didn't have a compression tube lock, making it as hazardous as the HW77.

Sorry to hijack the thread but as a potential tx200 buyer I would like to ask a question.
    Is the left handed version a true lefty, ie, on the left handed version, is the loading port angled to the left? I see the pellet loading port is angled to the right hand side on standard versions, which would make it awkward for loading for a left handed shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Mk 1 TX didn't have a compression tube lock, making it as hazardous as the HW77.
    Not quite as hazardous as the 77 because the cocking link is less likely to wear and drop out

I prefer the HW for two reasons, I actually disengage the ABT on TX's, absolutely hate the things, and the Record trigger responds better to tuning and modification, other then that I love both!#

Oh, never had a problem with the linkage on a HW and I have had several and shoot a 77 and a 97 regularly for the last 5 years, most of the failures stem from improper fitting by ham fisted owners!

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    I prefer the HW for two reasons, I actually disengage the ABT on TX's, absolutely hate the things, and the Record trigger responds better to tuning and modification, other then that I love both!#

Oh, never had a problem with the linkage on a HW and I have had several and shoot a 77 and a 97 regularly for the last 5 years, most of the failures stem from improper fitting by ham fisted owners!
    How can you fit the link/stem improperly it just hook's in

And why would airgunworld mention it and show pictures of failed links in a article?

It might be OK for experienced fans who know what to look out for but the 77/97 should have a ABT for those who are unaware of the weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    How can you fit the link/stem improperly it just hook's in

And why would airgunworld mention it and show pictures of failed links in a article?

It might be OK for experienced fans who know what to look out for but the 77/97 should have a ABT for those who are unaware of the weakness
    It's airgun world, nuff said!

You can improperly fit the end into the slot then crack the damn thing pushing it down into the pivot point, I have seen it done in front of me!

I have a 97 and a 77, I have owned over 10 down the years serviced and modified far more and the only one I have seen broken was the one snapped by a guy who should know better!

By the way I replaced the ABT rocker on a TX200 because the latch end would not engage, so no manufacturer is infallible!

And a lot of people may be unaware of the Diana underlever's weakness, Barry :-

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5.../Image19-1.jpg