Thread: Which budget Target pistol to start me off?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was Emailed By a chap who is selling his AirMatch 400 , looked mint condition, but definitely a 400!

Hammerli AP40s are very nice shooters indeed. Had 1. Be aware of the 2 versions though, 1 with alu and 1 with steel barrel. The alu is too light up front.
    Preferred it above the LP300XT though.

Reg the Webleys; yeah, I've shot a 47 with my Tempest too
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    To be really pedantic, there was an Air Match CU400, though it is little known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
    I was Emailed By a chap who is selling his AirMatch 400 , looked mint condition, but definitely a 400!
    Damn, yes of course. There was the lesser spotted model CU400.

I've never used a 400, but I did once own a 600.

I can tell you (without waxing on too much), that it had the BEST feeling trigger I've had on any gun. And as a bonus, from one side, it looked like Robocop's gun.

I shouldn't have ever sold it...

Something else to add to your draft conclusions; does the pistol have a dry fire facility?

Many folk like to practice using the dry fire facility, not all the above mentioned pistols have this feature built in (e.g. FWB 65, Diana/Original 6, Tau 7).

Yr right, but its easy to make for a Tau 7.
    And you'd first have to think about wether yr really gonna use it. Been shooting for 14 yrs now, never used a dryfire option other than for trigger adjustment
    Dryfire practice is really bad for motivation too. No fun at all.
    Mostly used at higher levels of competition training. Than yr not talking about fwb65s etc anymore anyway
    Havent seen it used much with starters. Wouldnt advice it for starters either, as you miss the shots feedback, and practicing wrong (bad habits)come around the corner really fast. Its not necessary for AP either. You can easily and legally practice at home.
    Last edited by hwtyger; 27-10-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    ATB,
    yana