Ok, I recently secured a fabulous Steyr Lp1 as a first match pistol. At this stage I remain confined to the garden or dry firing indoors, as I clear other comittments to be able to join a club. Probably several watching this are already familiar with my recent posts on a first budget target pistol and pellets to match.

This post is about the grips. The pistol came with a medium grip, which doesn't quite fit. I have relaxed my grip and things got better but I'm pretty sure it's too small, but it's blemish free and quite beautiful. Until I manage to join a club and get a chance to feel other grips, and gets hands-on advice I will not be messing with the grips. However, I have secured a previously heavily filled Lp1 Large grip.

So, the question- what material do you use to fill grips? I will need to remove quite a bit of filled material as they were work in progress to make a Large grip fit a very small hand ( it had two shelves fitted)
Also, any tips or lessons learnt from your experiences would be appreciated. I am treating this as a prototype grip which I may use in time as a blue print for something more auspicious, maybe even a DIY grip made from scratch.

Thanks guys ( and gals!)