Thread: Which budget Target pistol to start me off?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting somewhere, but not far enough!

Good news ! Right! Must do more wrist exercises.No rubber gloves, but small sheet of sticky rubber stuff that stops things falling of the dashboard worked a treat, will keep it in pistol case from now on ( doesn't take up much space and doesn't look kinky or like a hit-mans toy box) Cylinder now off.

Bad news :-( the brass fill adaptor doesn't seem long enough for the valve. There is a small hole in the underside of the valve which is not covered by the depth of the adaptor. The quick fill set-up for my BSA rifle has a longer thread which stops the air coming through the small hole.

Am I correct? Why is it shorter than the BSA adaptor? If, so, where do I get a new brass Steyr fill adaptor from? Ideas if I'm not in he right ball park? Half a cylinder of air in No2 won't last 5 minutes!

Thanks

if you are referring to the length of the threaded portion of the fill adapter which screws into the din thread of your diving cylinder then you fill adapter is a 232bar adapter and your diving cylinder is 300bar. 300bar cylinders have a deeper thread to stop you connecting them to a 232 bar system. You can buy a spacer which fits between the filling adapter and the bottom of the cylinder thread. I made one and best fittings also make one. The other way is to buy a 300bar filling adapter or one which fits on the end of the whip.
    http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=637
    http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopdi...=129&cat=Steyr
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Mine also came with a 232 adaptor, had me puzzled as well Maybe they didn't have 300 bar tanks back then ?

I was under the impression the German market only had the lower 232bar bottles.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks guys
    I've looked at the best fitting site and they have the longer thread adaptor, the spacer and also a convertor.
    Good site!

Best fittings delivery arrived yesterday and longer 300bar connector works just fine. Filled both cylinders very slowly and all worked fine
    Thanks all

Go on .. rub it in