Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which budget Target pistol to start me off?

Turned out to be not so much of a bargain .. two leaking cylinders at a £70 bill to refurb
    Might be better to buy a new cylinder at around £110. (You will have the benefit of a gauge.)
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Might be better to buy a new cylinder at around £110. (You will have the benefit of a gauge.)
    Thought about that but I don't shoot at Bisley etc.. so the date doesn't affect me. Also would like to take two full cylinders to the range and leave the heavy bottle at home

Come on Mike, still a good price!

I'm happy enough, just wasn't what I expected. Sent them off today to be fixed. I still got the FWB 80 after all

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Turned out to be not so much of a bargain .. two leaking cylinders at a £70 bill to refurb
    I doubt whether you'll regret it once you get the cylinders fixed.

Course not, can't wait

Happy Bunny!

Thank you all for the direction and support, and thank you to my Missus for agreeing a budget stretch!

Now the proud and very happy owner of a Steyr LP1 which arrived this morning, cased with weight, connector and 2cylinders (which I don't think leak!), purchased from a true gentleman, Roy in Peterborough.

I did have a minor panic; after screwing the cylinder on and loading a pellet, she refused to fire. I googled the problem and downloaded the manual, all to no avail. My worry was a duff pistol. My Missus asked me to show her what I had done etc and then she repeated the cocking exercise, but of course, she pulled the breach lever back far enough to cock it properly. What a muppet I felt!

Only had a few pellets through her, but getting to grips with it nicely. The grip feels quite alien and I'm not sure if that's me or the grips or both -quite a lot of pressure on the inside top nuckle of my hand from the wood under the rear sight. It's a medium and I worry I need a large. No changes planned until I use it more and get advice.

I have mailed the pistol captain at the nearest club to me, Glevum, asking for an introduction and trust in the course of time, I will get there and some hands on advice about the grip.

I would post a picture but can't figure out how! ( posting permissions says I'm not enabled to post attachments?)

Cheers for now!

Congrats man Your partner is wrong though... it is a common and even dangerous fault that requires disposal of said weapon. Want my address ?

Crikey! Didn't realise it was a dangerous fault! Send me your address and I will get the boys to deliver it , Naaaah-she's never wrong. Lol! Hopefully your cylinders come back soon and you have the same pleasure as me. At least your 80 won't feel abandoned for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
    ... The grip feels quite alien and I'm not sure if that's me or the grips or both -quite a lot of pressure on the inside top nuckle of my hand from the wood under the rear sight.

I would post a picture but can't figure out how! ( posting permissions says I'm not enabled to post attachments?)....
    That is one of the essential points of contact, but it should not be uncomfortable. See download link below.

http://www.tenrings.co.uk/app/downlo...istol+grip.pdf

Photo links to a host site (Photobucket etc...) is the way to share photos on bbs (except Sales and Airgun Reviews which allow photo uploads).

What's the number stamped in the bottom of the grip ? Mine is 1, but I've bought a smaller Ciro one.

BigEars Guest
    Congrats on the new baby! I'm puzzled by your remark about pressure from the rearmost part of the grip. Try a more relaxed hold and make sure the palm shelf is set right for your hand size & shape.

Aim straight - thanks -the ten rings site has some really useful reading, not just about grips.

Mike - mine says M.

Big Ears - I have tried a more relaxed grip and it's much better but I think the muscle pad below my thumb is pushed up by the grip, forcing the inside of my thumb nuckle into the underside of the top grip. Yesterday left marks, but today it hasn't.

I will ill persevere for a bit longer until the grip feels more natural -I've never had such an anatomical grip. I m guessing my dilemma will be if I get a Large grip or cut some away from this one.

Next question-the cylinder I fitted needs swapping and I'm struggling to unscrew it , is there something to do to release pressure ? Or have I just got weak hands?

Weak hands
    Try wearing rubber gloves as they will give you better grip. They should not be too difficult to unscrew but you don't need to let the air out before you unscrew them.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Getting somewhere, but not far enough!

Good news ! Right! Must do more wrist exercises.No rubber gloves, but small sheet of sticky rubber stuff that stops things falling of the dashboard worked a treat, will keep it in pistol case from now on ( doesn't take up much space and doesn't look kinky or like a hit-mans toy box) Cylinder now off.

Bad news :-( the brass fill adaptor doesn't seem long enough for the valve. There is a small hole in the underside of the valve which is not covered by the depth of the adaptor. The quick fill set-up for my BSA rifle has a longer thread which stops the air coming through the small hole.

Am I correct? Why is it shorter than the BSA adaptor? If, so, where do I get a new brass Steyr fill adaptor from? Ideas if I'm not in he right ball park? Half a cylinder of air in No2 won't last 5 minutes!

Thanks