But nobody is shouting down, just two sides and all that. Just because the police seized these guns, doesn't mean we're all doomed or they're right.

Only reason I mention it is because I researched this when looking at H5's

The CPS say

Paintball guns are a type of air weapon. The Home Office regard self-loading or pump action rifled airguns (including paintball guns) as outside the scope of the Firearms Act, unless they are sufficiently powerful to fall within the category of a "specially dangerous" air weapon (Archbold 24.8a). Paintball guns could be considered imitation firearms.

Unless an air weapon falls within one of the above exceptions, it is not subject to section 1 Firearms Act 1968.
You're saying the 'specially dangerous' part is above 1fpe?

The CPS say in the "specially dangerous" definition..

An air rifle is "specially dangerous" if it is capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy in excess in the case of a pistol of 6 ft lbs or, in the case of an air weapon other than an air pistol, 12 ft lbs: Firearms (Dangerous Air Weapons) Rules 1969 rr. 2, 3 (Archbold 24-8a.)

That seems pretty clear to me that in terms of prosecution you're ok.

The wording of th law seems to be the issue here, there's definite ambiguity to how it's read and I can see both sides. But surely the CPS guidelines show even if you were taken to court under suspicion of sec 5 (someone had grassed you up for having a H5 auto say) the CPS guidelines would be addressed, your sub 12fpe H5 would be legal and you'd not be in jail?