Thread: What make and model is this .177 air rifle

What make and model is this .177 air rifle

I would like to know who made this, what is it called, roughly when was it made and how much do you think it might be worth.

What is it?

regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFerguson View Post
    I would like to know who made this, what is it called, roughly when was it made and how much do you think it might be worth.

What is it?

regards
    Paul
    Hi,

I'm not an expert on dating B.S.A. air rifles, but I believe the CS prefix covers the B.S.A. Standard Club .177 and No.4 Club 1930 - 1936.

These are quite sought after, so I would have thought something around £180-£200 would be reasonable for a private sale.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for the lead

You could be right Brian. I have had a look the vintage BSA Airguns gallery on networks54.com and it's identical to the BSA Club Standard Pattern from the late 1920s. However, what is throwing me is it is such great condition and there is absolutely no makers marks anywhere.

What is it?

regards
    Paul
    Hello,

You have a fine looking 45" BSA Club Standard No1 air rifle from the late 1920's. It was specifically designed in the early 1920's for club shooting, being both longer and more powerful that the 39" Light Pattern air rifle. The gun was made by the Birmingham Small Arms company, and had full trigger adjustment. It could group reasonable accurately out to 40 yds or so. That particular style of air rifle, finally came to the end of production in 1939.
    Value anywhere from £150- £250

see here for more info
    http://www.network54.com/Index/105071

Lakey

You could be right Brian. I have had a look the vintage BSA Airguns gallery on networks54.com and it's identical to the BSA Club Standard Pattern from the late 1920s. However, what is throwing me is it is such great condition and there is absolutely no makers marks anywhere.
    The rifle has been re-finished at some stage as the lettering is shallow due to the metal being buffed down.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The rifle has been re-finished at some stage as the lettering is shallow due to the metal being buffed down.

Baz
    Hi,

As the rifle has been refinished it will not appeal to the majority of collectors, but should still attract those who would buy it just for the pleasure of being able to shoot one of these fine old rifles. Although the valualtion would be reduced due to the refinishing, I still reckon £150-£200 would not be an unreasonable asking price for your rifle.

Good luck with the sale should you decide to part with the rifle.

Regards

Brian

Now listed for sale

Many thanks for all you help. I have now listed this for sale.