Thread: Deben Lamp battery not charging....

Deben Lamp battery not charging....

... then again it's been 13 years or so since it was last charged

So, if it's gone for good, is there a lighter / equivalent replacement battery available these days? The lamp was always great, but the battery an inconvenient lump.

Deben do lithium ion ones but pricey.

Yep, I just found them, at more than the original price of the lamp! Perhaps I'll have to upgrade the whole set?

pop down to your local farm shop (mole valley farmers etc ) they'll have loads of different sized batteries to choose from
    Cheers Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJH View Post
    ... then again it's been 13 years or so since it was last charged

So, if it's gone for good, is there a lighter / equivalent replacement battery available these days? The lamp was always great, but the battery an inconvenient lump.
    I assume the lamp is also 13 years old.

A modern LED torch like a T38/T50 is probably far more powerful

I've got a samelite angling head lamp that was the dogs bo**ocks back in 2005, £250 odd at the time, my modern £20 lightweight LED head torch is as good if not better.

Yes, purchased as a kit and hardly used. It seems a shame to have to 'toss' the battery, but you're correct, I can probably get something perfectly adequate for cheaper than the cost of a new battery! Same with my head lamps - the first one a Petzl zoom with a big MN1203 battery pack on the back got some serious respect when mountain biking and cars would dip their headlights if I gave them a flash (having been dazzled by theirs) my latest runs of 3 AAA!

Absolutely - a T20 would probably outperform it but rather depends on the range and quarry you are after.

You will need 18650 rechargeable and a charger but one cell will run well and they are small and light so carrying 2 or 4 is no issue at all.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill